Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got my Tru-Fire Stealth Release

Old 04-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got my Tru-Fire Stealth Release

I got home tonight after work and low and behold, there was the Tru-Fire Stealth Release I ordered. Its a pretty neat release. Very easy adjustments, one for trigger pressure, and one for trigger travel. Plus, you can fine tune the length of the barrel as well. I made a mistake right out of the box and set that bugger too sensitive. I knocked an arrow, started to pull back, just bumped the trigger and wham!, I whacked myself right in the kisser.....Changed that in a hurry.[:-]

I got the one with the Stealth buckle and I really do like it. Slick setup and real easy to put on. The big selling point of the release is the fact that the head rotates in front of the trigger. I checked, no matter how you turn your hand, it will not twist and torque my loop. Real cool!

I'll shoot with it for a while an let ya know, so far so good.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:53 AM

Default RE: Got my Tru-Fire Stealth Release

Hitting yourself in the face Chris can only improve your ugly mug Glad to hear you got your release finally, it does sound like a good release, but I think I'll stick with my Scott little goose. I do like the fact that the head rotates infront of the trigger. How is that trigger adjustment, do you think it will stay where you put it. It seems to me that the dial you adjust it with could be bumped pretty easy and moved. I'm still waiting on my GKF 3D rover to show up yet maybe today or monday.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chad, somehow I knew you'd be one of the first to respond to this...especially when you read about me whackin myself again.

I too am curious about the dial. It is a pretty stiff turning adjustment though. I guess you could make reference marks on the barrel and knob to keep an eye on it once you get it where you like it.

Time will tell. I do like that strap though, no velcro! I'll be shooting tonight too, keep my mind off that 25lb gobbler I'll be chasing tomorrow morning.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:06 AM

I think chasing is the key word there, I bet he'll be running you in circles JK bud good luck tomorrow give me a ring if you get one tomorrow. Yeah i'd put some sort of index mark on that trigger adjustment so I could check it very quickly to be sure it was set right. I think i'd do the same thing with the length adjust ment too.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Do you have any pictures of it? I think I know which model you are referring to as I have been a big Tru-Fire user in past years but think this may be a new model.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank, they started shipping this release last week from the manufacturer, so yep, its brand spankin new. So far, I like it. Its a very well built release I can say that. I am really impressed with the fact that you can't torque a loop with it regardless of what you do with your hand. The head swivels freely.

Here is a pic

Old 04-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice lookin' release. I think they had a similar design with their original caliper if memory serves me but it was bulkier overall. Looks like a nice release. This is going to have to be another I eventually try out.

Thanks...thanks alot....

Old 04-30-2004, 10:25 AM

Looks nice! Is it wide enough to shoot off the string and keep wear on the serving to a minimun? Also is this the one that Carter is working with them on?
Old 04-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wiggy

The one you are thinking of is a Cobra. The one Cobra is putting out w/ Jerry Carter's help is actually just the old Carter Lok-jaw. Which is a good, but 4 year old design. The one-shot basically replaced the Lok-Jaw, and the Two-shot replaced the one-shot for 2004.

We have some of these new Tru-fires at the shop. I didn't even look at it when i saw them last weekend...but I'll check it out just to satisfy my curiosity...the travel and pressure adjustment is a neat feature for a caliper style release.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:15 PM

Oh.

Quick Reply: Got my Tru-Fire Stealth Release

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.