Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Home maid target, ever try this?

Old 05-03-2004, 09:59 AM

Default RE: Home maid target, ever try this?

A friend of mine did this with news paper and it worked, but the removal was rough sometimes and a few inserts were lost.

Oh, yeah and if we shot to frequently it started smoking from the friction heat.[&:]
Old 05-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

A person e-mailed for more info on the target that I made, here is a link to another taopic that should help, if you need more info just ask. I'll post it here. Sorry but the pictures no longer come out on these links.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...key=target񯟉

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...key=target򎜲

Old 05-25-2004, 09:28 PM

buy a large target, use peices of gaffers tape for your bulls eye on different places of the target. gaffers tape doesnt leave any residue. you dont have to go through all the trouble of making your own, and you can get millions of shots in a $50 target. this also cuts back on robbinhooding arows. but make sure you are using the center of the target when sighting in, it isnt good to go over to the neighbors to tell them you owe them a new tire/dog/garage door.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:37 AM

I made mine out of carpet and 2X10" boards. Works very well for field points. Hope this helps. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown

Old 06-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Derby, I'm getting ready to have a big supply of used carpet (everybody please feel sorry for me... ), and was considering doing something like what Bobco posted only using carpet. Your design looks interesting, except I can't quite make out what you did, even when opening the attachment link.

Any chance you can make the attachment bigger? Thanks in advance...
Old 06-01-2004, 06:55 PM

Probably 7 years ago I bought one of the Delta bags and stuffed it with shrink wrap till it was bulging. On one side I put a piece of carpet in first before I stuffed it. I still can't shoot field points through it. The colors on the bullseyes are wearing off before the target has worn out. After 2-3 years I pulled the carpet out and moved it to the other side. Very little money invested for an awesome field point target and it pulls out easy too.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:58 AM

Send me your e-mail addy, and I'll send it back to you.

Derbytown

[email protected]