Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TruBall Stinger?

Old 04-28-2004, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default TruBall Stinger?

Does anyone here have any experience with this release. In an effort to correct some shooting problems that I have been having lately I opted to pick up this release as it had some of the charateristics that I was looking for at the time.

Any comments on it?
Old 04-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TruBall Stinger?

Anybody?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frank.

Maybe you should have asked "nobody" seems a lot of nobodies have them
Old 04-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great...just great. I open the forum and see that somebody finally responded and what do I get....a no-good comodian......

[:'(][:-]

I guess I have broken into new bowhunting equipment ground by buying a release that did not cost an arm and a leg and is not activated by squeezing my gluteous maximus together.......

Old 04-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I didn't notice this sooner!

Yes , I have the stinger as my backup hunting release. It's very durable , has trigger tension settings , and is one heck of a bargain for the price. It's also easily adjustable in length. I just took it apart and cut the threaded rod to the length I wanted , cut the rubber sleave to fit and slapped it back together in about 5 minutes.

I guess I'll be the first "nobody".[&:]
Old 04-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also had one. Good release, but I bought a rackmaster that was connected to the glove via rope, and gave the stinger to my dad.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:55 PM

I have two of them. I bought the first one a few years ago and it still works great. I tried a couple of different releases this past year and then went out and bought a second stinger.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frank, I think it's a great release for the money. My wife picked one up to use last year and several new bowhunters tried it out in my "shop" and decided to go with it. I really feel it's a lot of release for the money.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are a very good release for the money... And besides, you can get them with BowTech and Max laser engraved on the head of them...

Old 04-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Tru-ball stuff, but honestly..I didn't care for this model at all. We have them up at the shop for "tester" releases, and I personally cannot deal with the "hard" connection from strap to head...too easy to torque. This model in particular seems more susceptible to it.

Granted, this is a problem with many release aids including Scott and Tru-Fire. However you will notice more and more manufacturers offering a "Soft" connection from wrist-strap to head. There's a reason they are doing that.

Tru-Ball makes a "soft" (rope) connection release, as do Scott, Fletcher, Carter, Tru-Fire, and others. I would suggest looking at them first.

Quick Reply: TruBall Stinger?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.