Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WHAT fletch glue for Easton AXIS shafts????

Old 04-28-2004, 05:11 PM

Default RE: WHAT fletch glue for Easton AXIS shafts????

Got a tube of AAE fast set gel today. Works GREAT!!!! I pulled as hard as I could and couldn't get them to pull off. The look and the smell of the stuff makes me think it is Super-Glue gel packaged for AAE. Going to try out some Super Glue gel and see what happens. THANKS for the info!!!! I knew if I posted this I would get some GREAT replies. THANKS GUYS!!!!!

Clint
Old 04-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

All Easton/Beman carbons (and A/C Kinetics) w/ the micro-smooth finish have this issue. Quiet to draw, but require a little extra fiddling

I scuff 'em and use Beyond Bond for Dura or AAE vanes. Flex Fletch require Flex Bond or Saunders NPV.

For feathers I use standard Fletch-Tite or Ambroid for Carbons.

Bond_Tite (Fletch tite for carbons) IME is probably the worst glue on the market. Standard Fletch-Tite works much better on carbons :shrug:

Anyone try the new Fletch Tite Platinum yet? on anything?
Old 04-29-2004, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's appropriate. I just got myself (as a little birthday present) a tube of the worst glue on the market![8D]
Old 04-29-2004, 06:30 AM

Loc-Tite super glue gel.I've fleched up dozens and dozens of arrows,and never,not even once,have I had a vane come off using Loc-Tite.I always use 000 steelwool,alcohol(90%),an Arizona E-Z flech,and Duravanes.Bemans,Goldtips,Carbon Express,and the last batch was the Easton Axis 400's...no problems...Bob
Old 04-29-2004, 10:50 AM

Before you go and rough up your shaft, take a look at the area where the fletch pulled off and see if there is glue left sticking to the shaft. If there is glue on the shaft, then it is the vane that was not properly prepped. It has been my experience that SOME vanes need more prep work than the shaft due to the release agent that is on the vanes so that they come out of the mold. For what its worth, I have never had to do anything more to an ICS Hunter shaft than to wipe it down really good with 91% isopropyl alcohol. For difficult vanes like Flex Fletch (my favorite), I wipe the base with alcohol, sand with 220 grit sandpaper, and wipe again with alcohol. I use AAE gel and never had a vane pull off.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Now that's appropriate. I just got myself (as a little birthday present) a tube of the worst glue on the market![8D]
@ Jeff!

Seriously. I don't know WHAT it is w/ Bond-Tite. But no-one I know ,my shop, nor myself have had very good luck with it. Even after jumping through all the hoops getting shafts scrubbed and both shafts and fletching clean. Buddy of mine last summer sent me a dozen 400 Kinetics to put unibushings in, install inserts and spin broadheads, etc in preparation for a guided out of state hunt. He had fletched a couple (just to see how much helical he could get on them..his first set of carbon arrows) with Bond-Tite and 4" feathers and I could literally "flick" the feathers off the shafts. Just wouldn't stick. I've had the same issue on A/C/Cs, CX, and ICSH with different tubes of glue. :shrug:

Regular Fletch-Tite, Saunders NPV, Flex-Bond and Ambroid for Carbon work much better for feathers on carbon shafts IME. NPV for feathers on A/C/Cs is a particularly good match.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, just one of those deals.[8D]

I was in Cabela's and all of those other (good) ones were sitting there looking at me, and I picked the worst one![8D]

Oh, well. It's not like it was a big investment.

I still have some regular fletch tite. I will fletch with feathers for a while. Got tired of prepping the Speed Flytes anyway.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:45 PM

AAE fast set gel and arrow wraps. I don't think it gets any better than that. I think the wraps definitely make the job easier by covering up the scuffed up shaft. How do you guys get the vanes off the shaft without tearing up the finish. Do you guys use any special tools?

Old 04-30-2004, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bond_Tite (Fletch tite for carbons) IME is probably the worst glue on the market. Standard Fletch-Tite works much better on carbons :shrug:
I'll support that statement 100%!!!

Shadowace, great looking arrows.[8D]

Just recently I started using the Pine Ridge Instant Arrow Glue and I am very impressed how it works.
Before I used the AAE Gel, another glue that gets the job done.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually found bond tite to hold fairly well. I just let the shafts dry for 48 hours, and then put a drop of bond tite on the front and back and let dry. I found that if I messed them up, I could pull the vanes off and reuse them if I loostened the fronts up.

I just bought a tube of flexbond and I love this stuff. I'm not a big fan of instant gels because I like to make sure my vane is in the exact position I want. Flexbond takes perhaps a minute until I can remove the jig, and with letting dry for 2 hours, I can shoot them THROUGH my block target without loosing vanes, AND pull on the vanes and they wont pop off. Hmm, the more I think about it, bond tite does indeed suck. [:'(]

Quick Reply: WHAT fletch glue for Easton AXIS shafts????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.