Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TROPHY RIDGE GUIED SERIES,, PROBLEM

Old 04-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default TROPHY RIDGE GUIED SERIES,, PROBLEM

I HAVE THE MATHEWS OUTBACK, I HAD A SHOP SET UP THE BOW YESTERDAY, TODAY I DRAW THE BOW AND THE ARROW NEVER SITS IN THE REST LIKE IT SHOULD , I PUT MY RELEASE UNDER MY D LOOP (STRING LOOP) AND IT DRAWS PERFECT , DO YOU THINK THAT THEY HAVE MY KNOCK SET TO HIGH? I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING BOWS FOR OVER 14 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH A STATIONARY REST, IS THIS REST NOT SET UP RIGHT ? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS SOMTHING I CAN DO, THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMPUT
Old 04-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TROPHY RIDGE GUIED SERIES,, PROBLEM

We are here to help but I'm not sure I understand what exactly the rest is doing. How could the arrow NOT be setting in the "V" of the rest??? Are you getting nock pinch that lifts or moves the arrow around??? The DZ should be the slickest at picking up your arrow, that is one of the strong selling points.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

yes thats what is going on when i draw the bow the arrow goes crazy, but if i set my release bellow my string loop and the arrow it draws fine and the arrow is perfectly still during the draw
Old 04-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, sounds like a nock pinch issue to me. On your loop, take the bottom knot and slide it down a hair or so, so that there is a little room between your nock and bottom knot. What is happening is that it is too tight and not letting the arrow hang free enough.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:25 AM

To correct this open up some space under the arrow nock & the loop knot & tie some string below it. This will put more down preasure on the arrow & keep it on the launcher. I have also found Easton's G series of nocks to totally eliminate this problem. You can buy the nock adapters (Uni Bushing 3-60 size) & they will work on most carbon arrows. The G nocks are small so pinch is not much of an issue at all with them. CX also has a slim styled nock that elimnates the problem as well. I found that Eastons Uni Nocks & the Vapor nocks to be the worst at this problem. Simply change nocks & you will be in good shape.

Like I said the easy & cheap fix is to tie that nock under your arrow nock & on top of your loop knot.

;-)