Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Bisket

Old 04-24-2004, 01:01 AM

Default Whisker Bisket

I am goin to be buying a new bow, probably the Mathews LX, and i was wondering, first, what it retails at, and 2nd if the whisker Bisket messes up the timing on bows. When my dad bought his bow, the dealer told my dad that he won't even try to time a bow with a whisker bisket, becasue it messes up the timeing so bad. But from Cabelas, and everywhere else ive heard that they are great. Thanks
Old 04-24-2004, 04:31 AM

Default RE: Whisker Bisket

I had a dream of an LX and WB match up,,but but
Sorry,,A rest has nothing to do with your "timing",or changing it.If its a hunting bow,put the WB on,,you wont be sorry......crap[]
Old 04-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, an improperly adjusted, cord operated drop away rest could affect timing, especially if the installer tries to get the rest to stay in the up position an extra long time. This could also affect the synch with a two cam bow. It shouldn't be a problem if such a rest is installed carefully.

A Whisker Biscuit, as well as any other rest which does not attach to the bow's cables in any way, cannot affect timing.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The "pro shop" is misguided and that's being polite. here is a link to my reveiw of the WB
http://www.broadheadtests.com/whiskerbisc..html
Old 04-24-2004, 12:31 PM

Sharpshot_71,
That dealer is wrong! Sadly there are proshops and dealers that really don't understand how bows work. All bows need to be tuned to perform properly. Buying a bow at a shop is a little like walking into a car dealership, you hope they know how to prep things right for you. If not, you may need to learn how it works so you can fix it yourself. Incompetent dealers should be beaten severely about the head and shoulders with a dull deer antler and driven out of the business! Good luck hunting!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:50 PM

Hey thanks a lot for your help. My bow is goin to be for hunting only, so i am thinking that i will go with the WB. My dad bought a Hoyt and the place where he bought his make a drop away rest that fit only on Hoyt, so we figured that he wanted him to buy that, I had my bow there, and i said that it wasnt always shooting real good and thats when he said the WB was bad. But my bow was a cheap starter bow. I grew out of that now so i am gion to get the LX. I can shoot my dads Hoyt Razortec pretty well. Its set at 65#. The draw length is a little long but i will grow a little more, not too much.

Well thanks again for the help. Its nice to have many differant people opinions about things. Especially people who know what they are talking about.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wasn't aware that c903 had his own bow shop[:-][8D]