Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What gives ???????????????????????????

Old 04-23-2004, 09:40 PM

Default What gives ???????????????????????????

Long story,kinda short,,,,,I trade my SQ2 for a new LX,the bow and $450.00,what a trade [&:]I put 200 shots through it,then I check my cams timing,,,WAY OFF,,over rotate by 1" WOW,,,so tonight I play around with the cable,untwist it,and get it to within an 1/8",(under rotate).
SO, I was thinking I would leave it like this untill I put another 200 shots through it.You know,see what stretches next.BUT,,BUT on my bow scale,a very accurate bow scale,,I'm only pulling 66 lbs..Thia is a 70 pound bow.One 1/8" IS NOT going to get me up to 70.All these other guys are getting 72,,74,75 out of thier 70 bows.This LX is going to be slower than my SQ2,,that pulled 72.Now I'm think,,total BS.A better,newer,faster? bow,,,WRONG.I'm PISSED,,and I won't stand for it !!!!!.
I'll tell my dealer take it back,and get me a BLACK MAX 2[>:]
What would you guys do ????????.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What gives ???????????????????????????

First thing you want to do is put away all the sharp objects.........and quit typing angry , I already have a headache.

If it were me I would calmly take my bow back to the dealer and explain the situation. Listen to your options. (A Black Max would not be one of them personally)
Then decide whether or not you should go off the deep end.

You wanted THAT bow right? So get THAT bow the way that you are happy with it.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personally I would trade it in on a Bowtech

If you are looking for speed how about a patriort SC or dually? Maybe a black knight dually or even a pro 40 dually. The Mighty mite is plenty fast.

The extreme is a screamer
70 # 400 grains 292FPS with a 29 inch draw

I am slightly biased in my opinion though

Whatever you choose good luck.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Untwisting the cable will lower the poundage. The string and cable most likely are stretched.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:32 PM

When you buy junk you get junk. Must be some stretching going on. First thing i do with a bow is put string and cables on it. Not going to stretch and the servings on standard strings are junk compared to what you can do at home. Dealer should make it good with you, through the manufature.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just be patient and your dealer and give him a chance to get your new bow the way you'll be happy with it .Thing's like this happen from time to time so just be patient and listen to what he does so that you can adjust it next time .

nubo
Old 04-24-2004, 04:26 AM

Don't worry MATT/PA,,I'm not at the point where I might hurt my self
Your right,I should just get an LX that draws 70+,and be happy.With my 27" draw, I have been shooting 70 or better all my hunting life,,,and I'm not "old enough" that I need to drop the weight down.I'm also NOT a total speed freak,,but since switching back to carbons,and going to the wisker B rest,I have been shooting at 270 fps. with broad heads VERY WELL.I was looking forward to another 15 fps...I WILL HAVE IT,,ooppss,sorry MATT
pdq5oh,,I un-twisted the cable to get the cam to be in the optimal rotation,for smoothness and all that goes along with it.I wan'ted to twist the string,but being that it looks like it already has 95 twist in it,I thought the cable might be an easier place to start.
Well,I thought I was going down to the pro shop today to buy some add on "goodies".BUT,,,NO,,,instead I'm going to hear things like,"what's wrong with 66 pouds for whitetails","your looking at a month or so to get another LX",,,CRAP [:@][:@][:@][][][&o][&o][>:][>:][&:][&:]
Old 04-24-2004, 05:55 AM

I wouldn't have bought a LX if I was looking to get 285fps with a 27 inch draw

LX is more "famous" for the smooth shot and low recoil.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:07 AM

Droptines,

Just a suggestion...sounds like some string stretching occured after your LX was assembled and shipped. Try this: since you have already altered your cable length to get your cam in the position that you want, mark it with liquid whiteout on both sides of the limb. Then after relaxing the string and cable in a bow press, twist up/shorten BOTH the string AND the buss cable. In effect what this should do is put more "pre-stress" on the limbs at brace, (shorter A-T-A), and consequently provide you with more poundage.
HOWEVER, you must twist the string and the buss cable together to prevent changes in your cam orientation.
Hope that this helps.

bowtinkerer
Old 04-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You want speed you have to get you a Martin SlayR. Only because I know Matt is on here I'm saying this. I got mine set at 58lbs, 27 1/2" draw doing 292fps. Not set up the way I want it yet. Figure I'll have 311 out of it when it's done.

Droptines, I like the statement you made about beong young and being able to handle the heavy weight of 70 lbs or more. That's what us stupid old farts said when we were your age. That's why some of us have shoulders torn up. Surgery on rotator cuffs, cortizone shots, tennis elbow. Yeh, we were BAD and macho and couldn't be told. More is always better till you get old enough to figure it out. By then the damage is done. And there is no returning the body to the "good ole days".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.