Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Axis shooters

Old 04-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Axis shooters

For those who are shooting the Axis ST's now, how are they holding up? I got mine from the Bowhunt America thing this week and haven't had a chance to set them up yet, I haven't heard much about them lately just wondering what everyone thinks. I know the initial reviews all seemed pretty good buuuuuut? Let's hear it.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Axis shooters

I really like mine. They are holding up as well as any carbon I've shot. I broke one so far, and that was my dumbness trying to shoot with sunglasses on. Very consistant shaft, and the broadheads fly very well on them.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

So has anyone tried to refletch them with an arizona e-z fletch with carbon arms yet?
Old 04-19-2004, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been using the Axis for about 3 weeks now and they are holding up quite well. No complaints other than one cracked nock...

Dave,

I have fletched them with the regular AEF with one degree offset and have not experienced any problems.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one arrow that I had been using for bare shaft tuning that seems a little loose when even a new X-nock (from another arrow) is installed. I can't find any cracks, but it is still a little loose, so I stopped shooting it as a precaution. My biggest problem has been a source of X-nocks to replace the ones (5 now) that have been ruined.

I did get to shoot a reasonable amount on Saturday morning. My bow wasn't tuned nearly as well as I thought it was from shooting 16 yards in my basement, but eventually, I got bare shafts arrows to fly pretty good out to 40 yards. I had some problems early, and had to make some adjustments, but ended up shooting two four-shot groups at 40 (two bare, two fletched) that were around 2 1/2". I need to do some more work with the bow (and myself), but I don't think the arrows were any part of the problem.

Anybody know where they sell a dozen replacement X nocks?
Old 04-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I fletched up a half dozen Axis shafts for a buddy with my Arizona....no carbon arms necessary!
Old 04-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

www.thebowman.com, carries them. You'll find them under the Axis shafts, they list the inserts and nocks. You won't find them under nocks.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:23 PM

Eaglearchery.com has them for 5.99 a dozen in Orange, green , black or white.

http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse.cfm/4,2916.htm
Old 04-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

been checking the Easton S/T Axis's out on e-bay for about $79.00 what's the cost for a dozen ? I am planning on buying this brand but I'm not to sure what a good price is for them .

nubo
Old 04-20-2004, 04:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Anybody know where they sell a dozen replacement X nocks?
Same boat here Jeff. I ruined two nocks so far. Thank you for the links guys. I will be ordering another dozen orange ones as well.

Quick Reply: Axis shooters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.