Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Axis shooters

Old 04-20-2004, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Axis shooters

Nubo:

I got mine from ebay when they were a very new item. They were $79 shipped for completed arrows. The shop did seem to do a nice job on them. If I get more, I would like to get plain shafts and cut both ends off before finishing them.

The BowMan's archery solutions has shafts for $71 and Lancaster Archery has them for $79. My local shop does not carry Easton carbons, only aluminum. In carbon, I would have to choose between Carbon Express and Blackhawk. (no thanks!)

Maybe I can get some where Frank works?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe I can get some where Frank works?
Wish I could help Jeff but I have not convinced the shop owner that they are worth investing in at this point. Sales have been down with Dicks and Cabelas popping up and he already placed his bulk Easton order for the early part of the year. Maybe this summer.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:49 PM

I brought about 10 dozen into the shop. I'm glad I didn't invest in any more. I'm going to wait until more testing is done by myself and unbiased users. Parts of the design deserve a lot of credit; but,, I've got some concerns.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got some concerns
Len.

Can you elborate (sp) a little more?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Len won't elaborate until after he does extensive testing. I am curious as to his comments as well....especially the "unbiased users" comment...[:@]
Old 04-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

my local pro shop laughed when I brought mine in to be cut. he said that the way the inserts are put in leaves room to be desired. too much room for error there even when using there supplied depth placement too. If it slides in the shaft any then the arrow will be ruined. he remarked that these are the same things as the skinny beemans were when they were first introduced. he didn't particullary care for the nocks used. it seems that people have had some problems with them from the site. I haven't determined if they were self induced problems by shooting the nocks up or what. I did see one post about the nock being loose in the end of an arrow. I haven't shot mine yet but plan of fletching them up soon. I have a few concerns using my tm hunter rest is that b/c they are so small diameter that I may not get good clearance. This may cause me to go to a drop away. Although I am contimplating the new whisker bisket. I noticed that there is supposed to be a broadhead ring. do you have to purchase these separate? Is the field point supposed to butt up against the raw shaft?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arkansas:

If you were referring to my post, my problem with the nocks comes from hitting them with other arrows. It is the fault of how I prefer to tune. When I bare shaft tune, I like to shoot at the same spot to see not only where the bare shafts hit compared to the fletched arrows, but also the angle the shafts are sticking in the target.

Yesterday, I screwed up and broke one. I switched rests and sights on one of my bows, and walked back a bit too far to see where it shot. The arrow just pierced the top of the bag (where there was little stuffing), and impacted a concrete wall. This was not too good for the arrow![:@]
The point was driven about 1/2" into the front of the arrow, and the arrow also broke cleanly in two in the middle. So the Axis arrows may be pretty tough, but I personally do not recommend
shooting them into a concrete wall![8D][8D][8D]
Old 04-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

The point was driven about 1/2" into the front of the arrow, and the arrow also broke cleanly in two in the middle. So the Axis arrows may be pretty tough, but I personally do not recommend
shooting them into a concrete wall!
I thought they were supposed to blow through concrete? ...or at least bounce back unharmed.

You sure the shaft was not already damaged to begin with?
Old 04-21-2004, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frank:

At an estimated 275 fps, I did not get full pass-through penetration.[8D] Perhaps I should have been using one of those Speed Pro Max arrows.[8D] Then I would have had to patch the wall before something got in the house.

On the bright side, if they are as questionable as some suggest, perhaps I shouldn't worry too much about breaking some.

Still have the ACCs and the stores still sell aluminum.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

At an estimated 275 fps,
Did I mention that I bought a new chrono with the indoor light kit to keep down at the shop? You need to stop by some time so we can shoot some your setups through the chrono...just for sh... and giggles.

Perhaps I should have been using one of those Speed Pro Max arrows.
I would prefer to see your arrows go through the concrete wall but if you prefer a piece of your bow then so be it....

Quick Reply: Axis shooters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.