Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tuning the Muzzy ZE

Old 04-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Spike

Default Tuning the Muzzy ZE

I have installed my ZE rest according to the video and am heading to the Pro Shop tomorrow to get it tuned up. I just wanted to verify how to adjust for nock high/low tears. I have emailed Muzzy and they say to leave the nock point 1/4" above the rest mounting hole. If that is the case and I get a nock high/low tear, how do I adjust to correct that?

Thanks all!

D
Old 04-12-2004, 07:56 AM

Default RE: Tuning the Muzzy ZE

Try this link out from Easton, download and print off a copy and take it with you to the range. FWIW, I am shooting the ZE and was having nock high and right tears. After much fiddling, I ended up dropping from 125g tips to 100g and am getting "bullet holes" now. (I think my arrows are a little underspined for the 125g tips)

Easton Tuning Guide
Old 04-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've read this post on several forums now and have to answer. The ZE rest is like any other rest, drop-away or NO, when it comes to tuning. You still make the same kind of adjustments. Just follow Easton's Maintenance and Tuning Guide.

It doesn't matter what rest is on the bow. You still tune the bow the same.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:01 AM
Spike

I realize that the tuning process is the same and know about the Easton Charts. I've been tuning my bows for years. My question has to do with the actual rest itself. It has adjustments to make the claw go right and left for that adjustment, but nothing for up and down. Ive talked to Muzzy and they have said to leave the nock at 1/4 above the rest mount hole and leave the stop screw in place and dont adjust that for up and down once it is set. That being the case, how do you make up and down adjustments on the rest.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

dt, I have seen you got some advice from Mark Land. He's kinda their guru. Nice guy, too. OK, so you're not a newbie. That's cool. I set my rest up pretty much the way they say, except I went with 1/8" above square. I have the rest set so it tops out with about 2" of draw left. Sometimes I change arrows and have to adjust for the different diameter. In that case I do make small changes to the screw for height. Not a lot, but I need to do this because I change things around a lot. I might be shooting 2212's one day and ACC 3-18's the next, and maybe several sizes in between. It just isn't practical to be changing things on the string all the time. Adjusting the screw doesn't change the timing all that much if you have it set to top out a bit on the short side. Guess you just have to give it a try and see what works for you.