Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My Peep sight evaluation

Old 02-16-2002, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Peep sight evaluation

Well, I put a fletcher peep on this week and finally got a chance to shoot it today. I previously used a C-peep and really liked it, but wanted to go back to the standard style. Well, I am going back to the C-peep. It really spoiled me.

The fletcher was a 3/16th diameter size and really cut my vision down and made me feel isolated. I can only imagine what it would be like in the woods.

I used the C-peep all last year during season and really love the low light visibility through it. You can shoot till practically dark with it. I also like the fact that you dont have to crane your neck in toward the string to see through it since its situated outside the string.

I didnt like the use of the rubber hose, so I cut the post off the peep and with a string loop, you can easily adjust the peep to your eye.

If no one has given this thing a try, I suggest you do, they are really a good product in my opinion. Especially low light.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:38 AM

Default RE: My Peep sight evaluation

I don't doubt this thing works, but does it work as a peep? You know, opticaly self-centering because of the fact that the greatest amount of light is let through when the eye is centered thing. How is this thing any different than putting a position market like a nock or kisser where the peep would go and just laying it next to the pin?
Old 02-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Peep sight evaluation

Thats a very good question. I am by no means an expert on this stuff. I am just stating what I liked and noticed since I started experimenting with different peeps.

I think the one thing that the peep really has going for it is the fact that you dont have to angle your head in toward the string. It just seems more natural the way the peep is configured outside the string. I tried going back to a regular style, but really had a tough time. It just felt unnatural to me.