Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I think I messed up!

Old 04-02-2004, 09:41 PM

Default I think I messed up!

I've been having this "shooting" problem for about two months now. All my arrows are hitting 1-3 inches left at all distances and I can't make them stop! I know it's me, but I can't seem to put my finger on what I've started doing wrong. I put a mark on my sight so I'd know if it moved, and it has not. After trying everything I could think of, I moved my sight to the left,........still shot in the same spot, so I moved it back. NOW I KNOW IT'S ME! This makes me even more frustrated. So a couple weeks ago I head to my local pro shop to let someone watch me. I shoot a couple rounds before I ask them to watch, and all of the sudden I'm not shooting left. I'm so happy I buy a few more arrows and go home with a smlie. The next time I shoot at home I'm hitting left again. Now I'm really mad! I've been trying to straighten myself out without any luck at all. So today I went to the shop again. Before the fella watched my first shot he said (joking) that usually a new bow cures this sort of problem. This is where I messed up, I shot two new Bowtechs, the Samson and Patriot..........WOW!!!!!! Both were awesome! I did not buy one today, but my new bow "fever" went up several degrees. Anyway, back to my original prob, he watched me shoot and again I didn't shoot left. He gave me a couple of small pointers but overall he didn't see anything I was doing wrong. I'm gonna try again in the morning at my house to see what happens. I'm working the night shift this weekend so I'll be tired in the morning, but I think I'm gonna explode if I don't fix this problem quickly! Maybe my backyard is crooked or something. Any ideas or tips will absolutey be appreciated.

I might end up trying that new bow method.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I think I messed up!

I'd go the new bow method to if I were you .hahaha
I'd almost think that you have a torqueing problem with the way your gripping your bow , it could be a mental thing when your shooting in the back yrd but when your at the range your more apt to try a little harder since there just might be someone watching and maybe just a little too relaxed while shooting at home . I might be way off here I'm not sure but I notice myself making simple little mistakes like this while shooting at home but when I'm out with friend's I am more consious of my mistakes .

nubo
Old 04-03-2004, 12:02 AM

Are you shooting with a peep sight? Maybe it is not turning completely at times?
Old 04-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had this problem as well WWAG it seem's that most of the time it turn's completely but every once in a while it doesn't .How can i stop this ?

nubo
Old 04-03-2004, 01:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had this problem as well WWAG it seem's that most of the time it turn's completely but every once in a while it doesn't .How can i stop this ?
John.

There are a couple of simple proceedures for stopping peep rotation.

1 undo serving that hold the peep in place.

2 put bow in a press and take some weight off the string.

3 take peep out and closely look at it make sure there is no defects[:@].

4 walk to trash can dump peep in trash can.

5 reverse step 2[:-]

6 go shoot [8D]
Old 04-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Or... just do all your shooting at the pro shop.

What are you doing differently at the shop? You're asking someone to watch your form while you shoot. Therefore YOU pay more attention to your form.

Actually, in many cases, the guy is right. Getting the feel of a new bow and tuning it up generally makes you pay attention to your form and straightens out little shooting flaws. Only problem with that theory is, PaBowhnter would be a World Champion by now if it always worked.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arthur- LOL !!!!!!!!!! Just about split a gut on that one.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

PaBowhnter would be a World Champion by now if it always worked.
Too funny!!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's Russel! I was twisting the serving's and it seemed fine but every once in a while it wouldn't come back completely ,since I don't have a press I'll have to try something else.

nubo
Old 04-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Txmarshmonkey, sounds like you visited the shop I just bought from. They really push the Samson VFT's. What are they going after? elephants?

There were two younger guys in there last week busting there hump trying to pull the 80# bows back. After 15 shots it was almost a no can do situation. Aside from that the arm slap one of the lads was punishing himself with was enough to make me cringe. I think I DREW BLOOD from it!

Didn't matter though, back to the chrony they went over and over trying to get the majic # to show up. Only problem was it was the shop owner forcing the return trips.

If you buy from there, read my post and don't let them get you cought up in the speed at any cost scheme. They are good guys and an ok shop, but speed isn't everything. If you can't pull it back while sitting on your butt you might reconsider the draw weight.

Anyhow, when I find my arrows drifting side to side it's usually a torquing the grip issue for me. Do you shoot with a sling on?

Quick Reply: I think I messed up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.