Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quick Spine Question for Beamens!

Old 02-16-2002, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quick Spine Question for Beamens!

If you like the fat shafts, I might give them a try. I have to move on anyhow. Beman is discontinueing the ICS 3-D series, and the hunters are about 2gr. per inch heavier. I like ACC`s, but try tuning a broadhead with a 3-60. The inserts are so hard to get straight in them, it is unreal. It takes hours to get 1 dozen to spin true with broadheads. Same 3-60 inserts in the bemans takes about 5 minutes for a dozen. Plus, ACC`s bend so easy.
Old 02-17-2002, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the tips guys. The nocks are Easton, but I'm not sure which type exactly. They pinch onto my serving pretty tight, so I might have my string loop changed out and my serving redone with a slightly smaller string.

Do you guys bother gluing the nocks in? I've talked to quite a few people that just insert them and feel that is good enough. Currently, that's how mine are.

Also, for those of you shooting roughly the same size arrow... 29" ICS 340's with 125 grain tips... what total weight are you seeing in your arrow? I won't have a way of weighing mine for about a week. I'll make sure to weigh each and every one and write them down though, hopefully I didn't get a group from a bad batch. Could the weight differences have been due to poor cutting, and use of different inserts or nocks? 20 grains of variance seems pretty extreme to just point the finger at the arrow type.
Old 02-17-2002, 08:28 PM

Switching to 100g tips seemed to let my arrows fly a little flatter. I noticed with 125g (with a friend watching) my arrows tended to drop more than I liked....
Old 02-17-2002, 08:58 PM

ABM,

I haven't put my arrows on a scale but for what it is worth, bowjackson.com says in its weight calculator that a 29" Beman ICS Hunter (Black) with a 125gr head with 4" vanes should weigh 453grs.

I also noticed that the Easton nocks (Super Nocks) that come standard with the Bemans were really tight on the serving on my Zebra stringed MQ32. They actually have worn an indentation in the serving and it will need to be replaced soon. I guess I need to ask the pro shop guys whether I should get larger throated nocks or smaller diameter serving.

The Mouse
Old 02-17-2002, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ABM, I don`t have any data with me right now, but I can tell you that a 29" ICS400 with a 125gr. tip, and 5" feathers tip the scale @ 370gr.