Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Target sight

Old 02-15-2002, 06:32 PM

Default Target sight

I am looking for a good target sight and scope, I've never shot a scope before and I'm curious about trying one. I hate to buy a new one considering I can buy a used one for a lot less and I may not even like the thing. Anybody have any ideas where I can find one other than Ebay, I already have a couple bids in there but I always get outbid real quickly. Seems a little odd...lol Any info would help....Thanks
Old 02-15-2002, 06:48 PM
dig
Spike

Default RE: Target sight

your best bet is probally to go to an archery dealer that has some that you could shoot. and then find it on the net and buy it cheaper.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:18 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Yea and really p**s your dealer off.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:47 PM

Well I don't wanna just shoot some I wanna purchase one. I'm very familiar with the target sights and know pretty much what I am looking for. I don't have much luck with a dealer letting me take a $300 dollar sight and scope off the wall and try it out...lol
Old 02-16-2002, 12:34 AM

I have both bought and sold one over ebay. A Naildriver for a Specialty Archery - didn't get the good end of that deal.

There isn't a lot of point in bidding much before the last half hour.

Also look at the CBE site:

http://www.custombowequipment.com/

Their second cheapest is a really good sight, and isn't all that expensive.

You can happily shoot those things without the scope, and frankly It isn't the scope that takes getting used to for me, it is all the fiddling. Once I found either the right clarifier peep, or the right aperature, I pretty much forgot about the scope. Up until about 5 years ago, it wasn't all that uncomon to see guys just shooting the pins with the level in them and no scope. I did that again last year, and found it worked great, and my eyesight isn't all that strong any more. I just mention it because it is one way to ease into using the moveable sights.

I have had good luck with the Specialty archery scopes, of all kinds. If I was in the market for a new one, it would probably be the Shrewd, though I haven't seen it. Theirs just looks really solid, being all milled AL. I have also heard good things about the FEATHERVISIONS lenses they use (as do other scopes).

http://www.shrewd-one.com/scopes.html
Old 02-16-2002, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Over the years I've shot many, Toxonics, Sure-Loc, CBE, Check it, etc, and feel that nowadays they all have to make a decent sight to be able to compete against each other, and basically it boils down to which one each individual person likes. I would recommend checking out as many as you can, The "big three"(Tox, Sure-Loc, and CBE) all have great features, and will hold up, they are tried and true. There are also some newer players, (HTM, Copper John, and others) that are also making some nice equipment. Scopes are the same way, you can get caught-up spending big bucks, or take the economical route, or be in the middle. I would recommend trying Bull's Eye, CBE, Extreme, and Classic, I find them all to be very well built and they will give you a range of choice from low priced to high.Of course there are others that I've not mentioned that are just as well made. Check out as many as you can and go from there. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 02-16-2002, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

gbah,

Pinwheel gave you great advice!
My personal favorite is HTM.
I find them to be tank tough in construction.

Sag.

http://www.htmbowsights.com
Old 02-16-2002, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the advice, I looked at a shorty sure loc lite today. It was nice, very light weight. That was really the only advantage they had over the toxonics i looked at. But keeping it light is important to me. Thanks for the info...