Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

T-Handle Release Woes

Old 03-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default T-Handle Release Woes

After years with a wrist release, I decided to give a T-Handle a try after playing with one at the shop. They feel much more natural than my wrist style.

Finally we had some nice weather here and I could get outside and begin group tuning my bow and getting it fine tuned for 3D season.

Here is the problem:
I consistantly am shooting left 6-8 inches with this release. I can't move my rest much farther to the right becuase the prongs of my Trophy Taker will hit the riser. I strapped on my wrist release, tuned at 10 yards then at 45 and had to move my rest back to the left to get the two groups lined up. I fine tuned with the wrist style and then played with the T-handle again and still, same thing. Way left.

What in the world could cause this? Its a Tru Ball Pro Diamond release. My old wrist style is a Tru Ball Hunter glove.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-27-2004, 05:31 PM

Default RE: T-Handle Release Woes

Muzzyman88, The only thing i can think of is your glove style release is closer to your face where the T-handle release the back of your hand is on your face then the release, thus would make you shoot left if you where sighted in with the wrist style. I would think you would only need to make a horizontal sight adjustment if you where going to go with the T-handle release. You might have to pick one or the other and sight in for which release you pick.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing happened to me when I switched and Dennis is correct. Your hand placement is different. You will need to re-tune the bow to the release your going to use, and practise with it.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:50 AM

My glove shoots like that, but my regular scott wrist release doesnt, it shoots perfect with my T-handle. I would the that the T would be closer to your face, but maybe not. I have no idea what your problem might be. Maybe try a different anchor point with it.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want to stick with the T-handle release. I just wanted to see what the heck was going on and thats why I used the other release a little.

I'll keep at it. I like this new release.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get the best results holding the handle horizontal vs vertical with my jaw in between the first two knuckles on the back of my hand--i switched over from a wrist strap release and love that t-handle!