Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Martin Lynx

Old 03-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Martin Lynx

This my first post on here, I'v been lurking in the backround awhile & now I got a question. I just started bowhunting last year & while I was uncertain of if I'd like it or not I quickly became obsessed Which is a good thing.
Anyhow my uncle's brother bought a Martin Lynx a few years back & then moved to Fla & stoped hunting (Dont ask me why) He still comes up for rifle season but the bow has here since he's been gone. I'd say it hasnt got 100 arrows thru it. He said he's got different cams, I assume these are for draw length adjustment?
I guess I'd like to hear what some of you think of Martin bows?
& What a fair price on a used one might be.
Thanx
Old 03-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Martin Lynx

Martin makes a quality bow , at resonable prices . Some of the guys on this forum shoot them ,I have a mv2 myself and am very pleased with it . Go to archey talk if you want to know about martins , as they sponcer that board . Hers a link.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumd...5860&forumid=3
Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the link.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:31 PM

I hunted with a Lynx for MANY years and it is a great bow. I traded mine in for a Mathew's FX; a shorter and lighter bow. Us old folks 65 + prefer the lighter bows and greater let off.

It's a great bow . . . go for it.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I wasn't shooting Hoyt, I'd be shooting Martin. I've always liked Martin bows. The Lynx model was around for years and it was always a nice bow.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a Lynx for several years but eventually traded it for a lighter weight PSE. I still think that I was more accurate with the Martin but it was much heavier and bulky to carry in and out of the woods. Martin makes quality bows, if you can get your uncles bow for a good price I'd say go with it. By the way, I got $100 for mine when I traded it in and it was approx 5 years old but still in fine shape. I hope this helps you out.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

Thanx for the input guys.
I picked it up today & its not a Lynx, its a Cougar speed flite.
Gonna change the draw length in the AM & shoot it some, see if I like it.
It comes with cams for 28 - 31 inch draw lengths, a release, 6 thunderheads a quiver an extra peep, about a dozen practice points & a soft bowcase, 2 rests besides the one on the bow & a bunch of allen wrenches. 6 arrows too but I'v been shooting 2216's & these are 2117 if I remember right.
It looks brand new & unless some unforeseen problem arises I'll probubly buy it. He's askin $200 for the whole shebang. Seems fair, as the acessories alone would run $100 plus here.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it's a Cougar, that's all the better. The Cougar is almost top of the line from Martin. If it's in the condition you describe, includes all those accessories and fits you well, I'd say go for it.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Its a done deal.
Thanx for all the feedback.