Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which one do I keep?

Old 03-25-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Which one do I keep?

I entered my first competition and as luck would have it - I won a brand new Bowtech Mighty Might VFT. I am impressed with the whole package so far (weight, balance, smoothness, ect.) The bow I won it with is a Mathews FX - great little bow - can drive tacks at 30 yds and it feels "natural". After shooting both side by side - with no difference in accuracy, my wife tells me that I need to let one go due to finance concerns[:@]. I can't decide which one to let go[>:]. Any advice? Which one could I get the most for? Wish I could keep them both - or get a third.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:33 PM

Default RE: Which one do I keep?

Since you have two good bows, shoot them both for a while and see which one really feels better. If one does not jump out at you, go with the faster one. I don't know, just a thought.

JMAC
Old 03-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

How does that ol' saying go? Dance with the one that brung ya!
Old 03-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not really my business, but if you WON the Mighty Mite, why would you have to get rid of one of the bows for financial concerns? Both are great, I would try to find a way to keep both!
Old 03-26-2004, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

I would choose option "C", the wife! It's not like it cost you more money.

Meet her halfway......tell her that if she can generate $550 by selling stuff that she already has (and paid for), you'll get rid of the Mighty Mite. Now that's a compromise............
Old 03-26-2004, 05:17 AM

Maybe I can shoot another competition, and possibly win again? I think she is a little jealous because I like the MM VFT as much as the bow that SHE BOUGHT ME as a valentines day present. It only cost $40 to enter the competition again - maybe flowers are in order.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

She bought you a bow for Valentines Day? I rescind my aforementioned recommendation.....KEEP THE WIFE!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

You obviously shoot the FX pretty darn good - good enough to win with = good enough to keep.

The little woman gave you the FX for Valentines Day? That card trumps all others. However, I would definitely suggest working out a way to keep the MM, but make sure it's known that it's only for backup purposes and the FX is still your primary. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Show me a guy with only one bow and I'll show you a guy who risks spending opening day in the proshop trying to get his one bow fixed.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:07 AM

I apologize for hijacking this thread. But, I have to say this. Dang Arthur, you're killing me. I have been a one bow guy for a few months. I've been saving my lunch money <grin> to get another, but it has not been a priority. Now I read that I have a chance of being in the proshop October 1st. Guess I'll have to get that other bow straight away. Thanks, Buddy.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, Bill, what are friends for.

A backup bow is a necessity. It's a matter of practicality. Not to mention a way of rationalizing getting another bow while in procurement negotiations with the ol' lady... Uh... I mean household chief financial officer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.