Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which one do I keep?

Old 03-26-2004, 07:45 AM

Default RE: Which one do I keep?

Arthur,
No justification necessary for me, my friend. I am going to forego any negotiations with the CFO, thus the "lunch money" philosophy. This is the first time in many years that I have been down to one bow. I do have two cases floating around. She will be none the wiser when the second one gains about 6 pounds or so.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not really my business, but if you WON the Mighty Mite, why would you have to get rid of one of the bows for financial concerns?
I agree. Work out a compromise. If it was any other bow besides a M...Ma....M...then I would probably tell you to just keep the original.

All joking aside...give her a backrub...some flowers...a nice bottle of wine....and I think you can convince her to keep both.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:58 AM

Keep them both, the bow you won didn't cost you anything. I won a Browning Citori trap combo in a shoot off in 1980 and I sold it because I thought I needed the money at the time. I couldn't have been more wrong[] I'll allways need more money but I'll never be able to hold THAT memory in my hands again. The money I made when I sold that very special gun with the fitted luggage case and extra set of barrels,,, has been gone for almost 24 years. What a dumb thing I did[&o]
Old 03-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're in between a rock and a hard place. As for selling the FX, I would think selling a valentine gift could do more harm than good. I speak for myself here, for if my wife was to sell my valentine gift to her, that would be the 'last' valentine gift she would have gotten from me. [:@]
Can you ask her to hold off on 2005 valentine gift and hold onto to the MM in its place. [8D]
Old 03-26-2004, 02:22 PM

The massage worked WONDERS[8D]! I get to have my back-up bow (and shoot it too). I told her that the FX was my special/primary bow, but if something were to happen to my FX on an out-of-state bowhunt, I could use the other bow instead of wasting alot of $$ on a ruined trip. Now, if I could only convince her I need a dozen more arrows.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is funny, you have 2 new bow's and never paid a nickle for either ,so you've gotten 2 free bow's "right ".Now your wife want's you to sell one HMMMM, sell your bike you paid money for that .If I had a back up like the MM I'd be a pretty happy guy. I'd definetly find another way around this but I wouldn't sell either that's for sure. I'd get rid of a shot gun or rifle before i get rid of my bow's. Good luck and stay out of the doghouse both myself and Ampahunter have been there recently.hahaha

nubo
Old 03-26-2004, 11:58 PM

Get your wife into archery and bowhunting too and then she'll always be understanding in bow, target, arrow and release purchases Mine is!!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 08:23 AM

I bought her a BowTech Rascal about 8 months ago - she likes shooting it, and is pretty good to boot. - She still doesn't understand why it costs so much though.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Bring the wife into archery will cost even more....
Eventho....its either that or she has to go....
Old 03-28-2004, 07:48 AM

Why ruffle her Feathers,simply sell me your MM,at a fair price,Problem solved.