Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WHAT is wrong with my bow

Old 03-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHAT is wrong with my bow

No, I did not back out the limb bolts before pressing. Was not aware that this was necessary. I honestly don't know if I am getting full rollover on the cams. Will have to check that.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another silly question... Are you sure you twisted the right direction and were adding more twists to the cables? Maybe you were actually taking twists out and lengthening the cables? (Even with all my experience and stuff, I make that mistake from time to time. []) That would shorten the draw length and reduce the draw weight, which is exactly what you're describing.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Here is an update on my problem. I untwisted the cables a few times, and put the string in the next "slot". I can now get 55#'s with limbs all the way in. I don't know for sure if I was twisting in the right direction on my previous attempt or not. What I did was twist in the direction that the cable seemed to be twisted in. Anyway, my problem seems to have been solved thanks to all of you. I do have to get the timing on the cams back in synch, but hopefully I won't have too hard of a time. I am really starting to question whether I had twisted the cables so much that the cam was not able to turn over all the way. Is that even possible? Thank you again to everyone!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really sounds like the new string/cables were not the same length, in any case you seem to have it all fixed up.

If you want post a close-up picture of the cam with the string and slots showing, we can tell you if you shortened it or lengthened it.

--Bob