Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WHAT is wrong with my bow

Old 03-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHAT is wrong with my bow

Thank you for all the replies. I've got some information to go over now! In response to some questions: last year PSE changed out the limbs because of a cracked limb so I hope limbs aren't the issue. When I got the bow back from the factory it did go to 60#'s, but over the winter of not shooting it would only go to 54#'s cranked all the way in. That is when it was suggested that I had string/cable stretch and I bought a new string (Berry String). I have shot this bow MANY times in the past, but it is supposed to have new limbs now. You may all call me crazy, but twisting the cables DID shorten the length that I can draw the bow. I'm going to print all of your suggestions out so I can go over them one by one.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

If you did SHORTEN your draw length, then you also lost a little weight. There is no way around that!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Is there something that I've done concerning the cams then? All I did was press the bow and take one end of each cable off(one at a time) and twist it like 15 times. That is all I did. Now I cannot pull the string all the way back to my normal anchor. Not because of weight, but because the string won't go back any farther.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take it you own a dual cam bow ? , alot of the advise given here aplies to a single cam bow .
Old 03-26-2004, 12:28 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Lady Arwen

I twisted the snot out of them and can't shorten my draw any more
Twisting your Cable's, will increase your Draw,not shorten it.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, it is a dual cam. Model year 2000 PSE Nova with the vector wheels. Should have been more specific in the beginning, eh?
Old 03-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I am going to ask two potentially VERY stupid questions, so please don't take offense:

1) when the new string went on, is it in the same slot in the vector wheels?

2) Are you sure you twisted the cables, not the string? I know it might be stupid, but twisting the cables should wrap more string onto the cam, so it would take longer draw to unwind them.

Like I said, potentially stupid, especially #2, but something flat out doesn't make sense here.

--Bob
Old 03-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

No offense taken! Yes, it is in the same slot as before and I am absolutely positive that I was twisting the cables and not the string. From what everybody is saying I am also very confused as to how I could be getting different results. Is it possible to twist so much that the cam can't roll over all the way or something?
Old 03-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

It may be worth pressing the bow again and taking both the string and cables off and either twisting or untwisting them to get them back to the factory length's. I just went through the cable twisting thing myself and twisting only the cables should make your draw longer and draw lbs. higher.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:53 PM

Lady:

Another thought to throw in the pot.

Did you back out your limb bolts before you pressed the bow? If not, you might have bent the riser or stressed the limbs. Are you getting a complete rollover on your cam(s)?

Quick Reply: WHAT is wrong with my bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.