Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Versa Cam?

Old 02-15-2002, 08:22 AM

Default Hoyt Versa Cam?

I just got a call from the shop where I ordered my Cybertec 2 days ago. I wanted the excel cam. He ordered exactly what I wanted.
Anyways, the owner just called. Another shop called him, they got stuck with a left handed Cybertec that someone ordered, and won't pick up. Only problem is it has the Versacam on it.

Is there much difference? I know the Versa is mucho adjustable, and it ramps draw weight a little faster, but any other differences?

I had the excel cam on my Havoctec, and it was just so smooth. Never pulled the versa.
I kinda got fed up with my redline cam on my Viper. It really packed the peak weight in fast, and pulled a long time that way.

I'm half tempted to go get it. I could always order the excel if I really don't like it.

Any input?

Only Hoyt
Old 02-15-2002, 09:32 AM

Default RE: Hoyt Versa Cam?

Check this info out on the versa cam there are three to choose from you may want to find out what cam it has.

http://fattirezone.com/bow/versacaminfo.htm

I like the versa cam. its smooth weight comes on smoothly.

Old 02-15-2002, 09:36 AM

I really like the versacam. Very smooth and a solid wall. I don't think you would be disapointed
Old 02-15-2002, 10:04 AM

Grndzer, do you know if those specs are the same for versa cams on Havoc-tecs? seems i remember someone saying that an "A" V-cam for a cyber-tech is diferrent than an "A" V-cam for a havoc-tec.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Grndzer,

Is that chart for last year's Versacam or this year's?

The reason I ask is because they are different. I would be willing to be though that is last year's cam settings. The reason I say that is because I had the #3 Versacam on my Havoctec and it went from 27 to 31 inches not 28 to 31.5.

As for the original question...I am biased. I love the Versacam. There are just too many things going for it. It is even smoother than last year's version which was more comparable to the Redline cam.

The Versacam is not as harsh drawing as most of the other perimeter weighted style single cams on the market though I wouldn't consider it as smooth as the Excel cam.

By using its adjustable draw module and draw stop peg you can basically custom design the force draw curve that you want for the bow....ie...long valley, short valley, etc....

I would go with the Versacam.

CPAHunter,

I vaguely seem to remember you saying something about getting a rest for your bow....did you get a left handed one yet?
Old 02-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

I beleive that the cybertec and havoctec do indeed have different versa cams as far as there draw lenght range of adjustment.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:03 PM

PaBowHntr-

The gentleman that ordered this bow ordered a left handed qt3000 with the Hoyt plate.

I called my shop back, and told them to get it. I'm gonna save a little more money(I hope, depending on how much of a deposit was put on the bow, either way, I'll get what price was quoted to me). I will still have to get a site, and stabilizer for now.