Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new york bowhunters

Old 03-23-2004, 12:05 PM

Default new york bowhunters

how did the winter do on the deer herd i live in westmonroe it about 6 miles west on central square and i have seen alot of deer!!! the dec came out with how many deer were killed it was 55,000 low this year they say it was the amount of hunters i believe that.. look like it is going to be another good year.. the job i landed goes from april 1 to september 1 and i collect unemoployment till apirl again so i will be out almost every day..
Old 03-23-2004, 12:58 PM

Default RE: new york bowhunters

Glad to see my Tax dollars making it easy for you to hunt all year[:'(]
Old 03-23-2004, 05:19 PM

I live in Erie county and hunt in Wyoming and Alleganey counties. I saw quite a few deer throughout bow season. Out of all my hunting friends , I was the only one. Everyone I know complained about the lack of deer sightings. Last year our camp took 8 bucks in archery. This year, only 2. Maybe its just a coincidence. I hear doe permits are going to be a lot harder to get next year because of two winters ago. Are they hiring where you work?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:06 AM

rack attack i will think about you when i shoot that 12 point this fall
Old 03-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Onieda I thought you said you worked at a Sporting Goods store? Shouldn't this be under the Northeastern forum!! I've been seeing quit a few deer around my place too. I heard the population took a beating north of us, and they have found several carcass's so far. I'd like to see some anti's take a winter kill walk this time of year, so they can enjoy some of their fruits & labors! But then again they'd probably enjoy it feeling satisifed those lucky critters didn't meet a bullet last fall, and died of a long slow natural starvation death!![:'(]
Old 03-26-2004, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Stump Shooter

I live in Erie county and hunt in Wyoming and Alleganey counties. I saw quite a few deer throughout bow season. Out of all my hunting friends , I was the only one. Everyone I know complained about the lack of deer sightings.......................Maybe its just a coincidence.
I live in Erie county and hunt the Allegheny and Cattaragus counties mostly and it's no coincidence. The only weird thing is you actually saw some deer. I haven't talked to ANYONE around here that said last year was anything other then horrible. I am seriously worried about what is going on out there........especially when the DEC is giving away as many tags as people will buy.

This has been coming for years now.........I only hope this is as bad as it gets.

I hear doe permits are going to be a lot harder to get next year because of two winters ago. Are they hiring where you work?

They shouldn't give out ANY doe permits as far as I'm concerned next year........maybe 2.

I saw less then a dozen deer all year and probably 5 that were not running from something........5 deer in 40+ days of hunting on stand and walking many miles of various terrain. Fortunately I was able to take one or my freezer would have been bare this year.

If this spring and summer scouting looks as bad as last year I am gonna hunt a couple hours east near my brothers house.........makes me sick to even say that but I can only handle so many days of watching chipmunks and squirrels before I go crazy.

NYDEC SUCKS!! [:'(]