Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Testing my 2004 Patriot Dually

Old 03-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Testing my 2004 Patriot Dually

I finally got to spend an hr with my dually .I have to say that the draw cycle on this bow is among the best that I have shot this season .The draw isn't quite as smooth as the new hoyt Xtec but there's not enough difference between the 2 to make me reconsider the choice I made on my new bow for this season.

The Draw cycle!

The draw is smooth completely through it's cycle ,it rolls smoothly into the valley till it hit's the wall, the valley is very short and stop's dead at the wall. You really need to have a solid anchor or this bow will get away on you, BowTech I love the new mod's it's a great improvement from the 2003 model.

Shoot and Release

I found also that release on this is extremely quiet and smooth as well with very little vibration's , There is almost no noise when releasing again compared to the 2003 where it was very loud and very noticable.I'm no a pro at evaluation's but again it's a very noticable improvement .

Stabilizer tests

I used 2 stabilizer's as comparison the Stealth 6" and the Vibrocheck Isolator 8" both stabilizer's are 10oz.I used the Stealth first and it definetly quietened any noticable noise I found as well as the vibrocheck did .thebig difference here was that the stealth is chambered with a heavy end and a light end .The vibrocheck is Gell this was the very big difference.I found the Vibrocheckwas heavy on the front and i had be conscious of it when releasing ,which bothered me.The Stealth with the heavy end in was perfect and I didn't have to worry about the bow dropping prematurely As for the vibration's in the grip I noticed that also with the heavy end in controled the vibration's much better than the vibrocheck .again I'm no pro at this but this was my opinion's on the bow and stabilizer.
I must say tha I also put the Simm's Enhancer on the rear of my brace after each test on the stabilizer's and both bow and stabilizer's definetly benifited from it. The Simm's enhancer illiminated any remaining vibration's that the stabilizers didn't get. I got this tip from Buck Magnet and owe him a big thank's.

The Grip

I forgot to evaluate the grip and found that it's not bulky at all and the appearence are the best compared to other's as well as some previous BT's. I was never struck on their earlier grip's but this one fit's nicely into my hand and is also very smooth to grab, so I have no complaint's on the grip and rank it highly apposed to other manufacturer's .I am one person who ,if i don't like the grip I will not buy the product .This may seem petty but I have to like the way the grip feel's in order to appreciate the bow .

String Button's

I have 2 button's on the string and I'm not to sure this part I like ,since I have to conect my release directly to the string .They left the brass nock on the string and adjusted the button's .I'm not sure i like this since I'm thinking that hoocking the release to the string may cause damage to the serving . This part I appreciate any advice that you guy's may give me to whether I should take the button's off and go back to a string loop or if the button's are better? Are the button's better than a string loop ?

I will be out again this week and I will post some more result's as I find them But I am very impressed with this years version and have to give BowTech a lot of credit for their accomplishment's on the improvement's that they have made to this bow Congatulation's BowTech on a job well done.

As for the camo I love it, and haven't noticed any little blemish's of any kind .
The pivoting limb pocket's and the sealed bearing's are a real nice touch.

Again guy's I'm no pro at this so I will except your constructive critisism. And if there's any area's I haven't touched here please feel free to let me know .

nubo
Old 03-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Testing my 2004 Patriot Dually

Good post nubo!! I was hoping someone would have done a post on this bow. Out of the 2004 lineup, this bow impressed me most. I liked the longer ATA and bigger brace compared to some of the others.

Keep us updated on that flamethrower, curious to see how you like it.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:47 PM

Hey nubo,

Great to hear that you are liking that baby. You went through heck getting it, and it is nice to see that the drama is all in the past!

That Simms Stabilizer Enhancer and Stealth Stabilizer is one deadly combination and I am glad to hear that you like that.

Keep us updated on the bow, and get some pics up
Old 03-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

BM! when I get my new Spott Hogg Real Deal and my new Muzzy Zero Effect mounted I'll get some pic's for you guy's to see. This bow is definetly a burner my poor Black Hole Target is proof of it, the arrow's are almost completely passing through at 20yrds and it's not an old target.loving it isn't the word for how I feel about this bow and it's definetly worth the crap I had to go through to get it. As for the Stabilizer I ythink it's great but the Simm's Enhancer really add's to it's effectiveness.what an awsome combo they make.

nubo
Old 03-21-2004, 07:49 PM

I shoot directly off the string on my hunting bow and have a string loop on my '04 target Patriot Dually. I use a Tru-Fire Excaliber release on my hunting bows and have done so for over 10 years,, I won't change that I use an eliminator button (rubber like the ones that come on the '04's) below the arrow's nock to cushion the release from the nock. I've experienced very good wear resistance of the string serving over the years with this style of shooting a release. On my target bows, I've been shooting a string loop and have gained a little more verticle adjustment from my sight picture. Accuracy for me has not improved over shooting directly off the string and I find myself fiddling with the loop, trying to get the loop on the small post on my Scott Rhino release. The Rhino has a very nice trigger but the release head rotates very easily and I'm constantly turning it around to get it on the loop.
To each his own but I know that I'm staying with shooting directly off the string for hunting I also shot my '04 Pat DC this evening out to 60 yards and had one group under 3 inches at 60. I can feel a slight double bump just before full draw so I'll be putting some more shots through the bow to finish settling the harness before fine tuning. The valley is very short on mine at 29 1/4 inch draw AMO and is probably due to it being slightly out of tune. Accuracy is still very good at all distances,,, it's like a laser
Old 03-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nubo--I'm glad to see you're 'finally' happy after two months of agro, emails and phone calls.
Determination and perseverance are attributes of a serious hunter. You've shown both in your pursuit for your bow of choice.
Alls well that ends well!!!
Enjoy--good shooting!
Old 03-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's for the encouraging words Keith ,I'm definetly serious about bowhunting. I'm sure I wouldn't have taken it this far if I wasn't ,I'm very pleased with my new BowTech and I really rewalize just how serious BowTech is as well since I've read some great feedback from other's on just how well they have been treated as well .This tell's me that I definetly made the right decision.

Hopefully soon you and I can get together again and maybe get out hunting some Turkey's together.
Take care Keith and we'll talk soon.

nubo
Old 03-24-2004, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad to hear that you are happy with your new bow nubo. I know you went through alot to get it. I think you will be even more pleasantly surprised when you get to shoot it through a chrono...