Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

zebra-twist strings

Old 03-23-2004, 11:58 AM

Default RE: zebra-twist strings

ORIGINAL: Ossage

Define stretch like crazy?
prolly up to 8 or 10 times more than a WC string.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:22 PM

And the 6061 aluminum in the riser is probably bending like crazy right? Just kiding.

They don't make the fiber in their strings you are talking about massive stretch that just can't happen as I read the material specs. Are we talking 1.5 or 3 inches total given the fact the string is double ? I never got 1.5-3 inches in dacron!

Servings are another mater. Mathews stuck with mono for quite a while, and I used to reserve them in Spectra. Basicaly any archer can reserve a string so it doesn't fall apart, so I am having trouble seeing this as a mojor issue unless one is all thumbs. I'm also having trouble imagining how a company that is a leader in the industry is having problems with a proceedure that has always worked just fine for me from the first time I did it, still it's hard to get good help.

I have had the servings on cams loosen, but it never came undone, and I never had to replace it. I haven't anything newer than a C2, so I don't know squat about their wheel guards. I haven't had any of their servings come apart since they went braided. There are a lot of release and nock options out there, so I can't vouch for every one of them. It's somewhat up to the archer to know what they are doing.

The only technical point I can figure from the BCY site is that the creep problem is worse with heat. I live in Canada, where it rarely gets above th 90s, and we don't get much of that. Typical summer weather is in the 70s, with maybe a month of 80s. If you're shooting or storing in much hoter climates, that could be it. But then specify a Tiger Stripe string when you order a new bow, so at least you get some use out of it before you need to swtich to something else.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:07 PM

The string on my BT stopped stretching after about a 1/16".

My buddy shoots 80# and he cut two strands on his string 1 week after purchase. 1 and a half years later it hasn't stretched more than 1/8"
Old 03-24-2004, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Techy

The string on my BT stopped stretching after about a 1/16".

My buddy shoots 80# and he cut two strands on his string 1 week after purchase. 1 and a half years later it hasn't stretched more than 1/8"
He shoots BT also.