Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

** APA Ultimate "TWISTER" (initial review) PICS **

Old 03-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ** APA Ultimate "TWISTER" (initial review) PICS **

Matt/PA-

Yes, I see that you have yours entirely covered, and that probably helps considerably. The ones we tried only had the rubber around the first 3/4" or so of the entire captivator wire, so that may have something to do with it.

I must say that the fallaway IS much better noise-wise than the standard twister.

And yes, Nibal did say they were going to address some of these issues in the coming months, just to be fair.

But of them all I do like the sideloader the best. Nice review by the way! Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 03-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice review Matt. I have been playing with the rest for a while now. I would tend to agree with most of your review. I still have to right mine up. I used it on three differnt bows with differnt fletching and shafts. It's seems to be a pretty solid rest with some unique features. It does work, but you have to play around a little with it to get everything "just right".
Old 03-15-2004, 10:09 AM

Thanks alot, I've been waiting for some info on this rest.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:31 PM

Nice review Matt and thanks

Almost as good as my Drop Zone review.........[8D]

It does work, but you have to play around a little with it to get everything "just right"
What else is new...
Old 03-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, great review. I've been intrigued by this rest since it came out. One thing that I'm wondering though. Will there be a problem with it on a Hoyt TEC bow? That total containment feature is a big cool plus for me.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

Ok I lost track of time...MZE.....TT...and now this........APA or whatever!

So your leaving it on. Does this mean it's better and or you had problems with the earler drop-aways?

Good review Matt! Thanks for sharing
Old 03-16-2004, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice review Matt.....very thorough and well thought out...and easy to read as well. The pictures were a nice touch and their quality makes the review look very professional.

I have not gotten around to trying this particular drop away but it is on my short list. However, as bigbulls mentioned, what is the cost?
Old 03-16-2004, 12:07 PM

How does this reast rate compared to the MZE? And how much better is it than the TT in your opinion?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Pinwheel 12

We tested the APA rests on the Merlins at the show also-- Nibal was nice enough to offer to install a few of them for us to try and evaluate.

I think there is far too much vibration coming from the tips of the wire loop that are not connected together during the shot on both this one and the regular twister, and you can feel it during the shot.

Do you think that this was perhaps due to the bows you were shooting induced more shock and recoil causing these said vibrations? Just a thought.

I haven't seen this rest until now and it looks like one I want to try out.

Where can they be gotten from?

Thx, Toby
Old 03-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Toby-

Well that could be true if I only shot the APA rests on ONE bow brand, but I've shot them on a Merlin Max 3000 and a Merlin Max Xtreme, a Martin Scepter 3, Parker Pheonix 34, and Diamond Undertaker and found the same thing to be true no matter which bow I shot them on. Every bow made exhibits felt vibration during the shot of varying degrees, there are none that are exempt.

It is inherent in the rest design in this case, not the bow design. Pinwheel 12

Quick Reply: ** APA Ultimate "TWISTER" (initial review) PICS **

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.