Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mcphearson bows

Old 03-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default mcphearson bows

Anyone had experience with these bows? I like the edge bow they have.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:05 PM

Default RE: mcphearson bows

Right now I am shooting a Pearson which is the same company as McPherson. I have two of them, one being an Anaconda and the other being a Freedom. I absolutely love the both of them. The Freedom is a smooth, shock free bow that is very quiet as will be the McPherson Edge. I believe that one comes with Vib X. If you haven't shot one you should just to feel it. I think you will like it a lot. I do, but, that is my opinion.

Good luck!!!

Also, their customer service has been top notch for me. Any questions I have or anything I need I have no problems with.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Pearson and McPherson.....same company? As in Matt McPherson......Matthews, ring a bell?
Old 03-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, McPherson Archery was Matt's original company. I believe he sold it, and used the proceeds to start up Mathews.

As far as the bows are concerned, I had a 38 special in the last year. As far as quiet goes, it was right up there with any bow I have owned. Recoil and hand shock were very low, I'd say about like the MQ1 that I owned, maybe a tiny bit more recoil than the Q2 XL, but this is still very low recoil/shock/vibration. The Vib-X system works well. Just a small, solid stabilizer in the Vib-X system seemed to totally eliminate the small amout of vibration the bow had. You can also get an optional draw stop peg for their cam if you want a really solid wall, but the standard cam had a good wall anyway. The grip was not all that good, IMO, so I took it off and shot bare riser. The bow shot well enough to robin hood one arrow, and wreck some nocks and fletching. I was a bit more consistent with my Bowtech, especially at longer ranges, so I sold the Special. It was a nice bow though, and if you are mostly into quiet and low recoil, it should deliver.