Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Frustration building

Old 03-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Frustration building

I've been trying to paper tune now for 2 days off and on. I wanted to break an arrow today. I get a right tear I move the sight adj. right, the tear gets longer. I shoot it again with no adjustment and the tear is smaller, now I'm lost. So I start all over again. Get it to about a 1/2" right tear. Move it just a teeny tiny bit in the correct direction (checked about 6 times), then the tear gets bigger. So then I have a high tear 1", move it, goes to 1/2", move it up again, goes to a high tear more than an inch. Am I doing something wrong??? please help, I can't take this torture. Just to clarify I was shooting from about 10 ft, indoors at a level target, bare shaft. Maybe I'm an idiot, but from point of entry the tear moves right, this indicates a right tear, so i move it right. Thanks for reading everyone. It's ok to tel me I'm an idiot if you would like... as long as it helps my paper tuning
Old 03-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Frustration building

If you wrote it correctly your trying to move the SIGHT to correct the tear?

You can take the sight OFF of the bow for now if you like.
If you meant to write that your moving the rest, then I would think your torquing the bow on the shots where the tear got bigger, but no adjustment was made.

Maybe you should look to the spine of the arrow as a possible culprit. Try a ligher or heavier fieldpoint to stiffen or weaken the spine and see if that helps.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Dave, yes I was moving the REST not the sight. thanks for pointing that out.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Are you shooting fingers or release?
Old 03-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shooting with a release and a D-loop.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Fork Horn

I would paper tune with fletched arrows in the case of a release.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:22 AM

Check on Eastons site but I think you either have a contact problem or under spined shafts.
Good Luck
BD
Old 03-08-2004, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Getting different size tears without making any adjustments is an immediate tipoff that you're torquing the grip when you shoot. Paper tuning is just as much, if not more, a test of your shooting form as it is a test of bow tune.

Paper tuning is an excellent way to drive yourself nuts. [&:]
Old 03-08-2004, 06:59 AM

Sometimes I will check the bow shooting through paper and find I have a slight high left tear. I don't move anything. About two days later I'll check again and it's a perfect bullet hole. Moral of the story, it's small grip inconsistance's that cause the slight left tear.. Somedays the grip is good and the bullet hole is there. Wish I could feel the difference but I can't.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the others. Since your having inconsistent tears, I'd say a grip problem or a spine problem.

Quick Reply: Frustration building

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.