Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

FOC (front of center)

Old 02-13-2002, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default FOC (front of center)

For 3-D what do you all think is the "ideal" FOC to have on a arrow for best arrow flight? Have been shooting at 11.5 % FOC, setting up some other arrows, and they seem to be coming out around 8.5% FOC. What are some of you guys at for FOC?
Old 02-13-2002, 09:43 PM

Default RE: FOC (front of center)

Try'em, if they fly good don't worry about FOC. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown
Old 02-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

My problem is I have the Carbon Express CXL 250's and am using C.E CXL target points which are the "snap" at your desired weight adjustable tips, then they are glued in and your DONE! No chance to turn back really once youve set it up! So I want to give it my BEST GUESS as to what will/should/could..work best and cross my fingers it does!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 04:45 AM

bloodtrail,

I'm shooting cxl's also. Hot melt glue doesn't hold the nibbs for McKenzies. It doesn't hold much for a pillow target either! But it does give a little "grip". (as in you can see a gap eventually between shaft and nibb) I suggest making a target from rags or whatever so you can retrieve the nibb if it comes out. Find the combination you like, then do the permanent installation. That's alot of money to be unhappy with.