Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tell Me Your ArrowWrap Ideas

Old 03-05-2004, 07:23 AM

Default Tell Me Your ArrowWrap Ideas

As you guys may or may not now, for about the past year I have been making and custom designing arrowwraps to sell. And I just thought I ask and see what you guys would like to see on wraps that you may or may not have seen before. Basically I am limited by only my imagination when it comes to making these. I am open to all sorts of ideas so let them fly. I am currently coming up with a line to sell possibly on Ebay and starting out at local shops in my area. And I want mine to be totally different than others that are making them. It just seems like everyone who is out there already just copies someone elses designs. I thought I would ask here since I always know I can get an honest opinion from you guys. Thanks in advance for your ideas.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tell Me Your ArrowWrap Ideas

I designed wraps for the following:
---all of the MLB teams with colors and logos
---all of the NFL teams with colors and logos
---all of the NBA teams with colors and logos
---all of the NHL teams with colors and logos
---all of the NCAA DIV I teams with colors and logos
---all of the NASCAR teams (2003 season) with colors and logos
---all of the branches of the military, several versions of each
---Special 9/11 memorial wraps with the Statue of Liberty, on with the NYC Fire logo, and one with the NYC Police logo
---Special request for POW/MIA wraps
---Grateful Dead, Metallica, Aeorsmith
---Tie Dye
---A gazillion special requests with individual's archery clubs or affilliations
---Special requests for some of the guys at Muzzy
---Special request for a young man named Chase going on a Bear hunt. Chase was a cancer patient going on a dream bear hunt
You name it, I have it. I never sold mine, I just sent the templates out and let the individuals print their own on thier own paper. Threat of lawsuits from several manufacturers prevented me from selling them. That, and I do not have the time to print out a gazzilion wraps to keep up with the demand.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:41 AM

Yeah I currently design custom wraps to whatever the customers specs are. And unfortunately you are right with the copyright laws they way they are I do stay away from any corporate and sports logos unless I have written permission from the company. I just think the designs availible today from companies like easy-eye and bohning and some of the others are dull, boring and cheesy. You can do so much without using corporate logos. Sometimes I like to design personal logos for my customers so they can have truely custom wraps. I have a degree in advertising art and currently work as a graphic designer so this is the type of thing I do on a daily basis.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:34 AM
CWB

Ever thought about making just a crest wrap? It seems the full wraps are cool until you have to replace a vane. With a simple crest you can dress the arrow up a little and not have the problems associated with replacing vanes on fulsize wraps?
Old 03-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA, I sent you an email today, 03/05/04 can you confirm if you have received it?
Old 03-05-2004, 11:30 AM

ampahunter I recieved your email I sent you one back.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:35 AM

That is a pretty good Idea CWB. I could call them "Mini Crests" and for those weight concious people they would weigh much less than their bigger counterparts, probably only 2 or 3 grains. Heck you could even do this by getting some rolls of pinstriping at an auto-parts store. I might just have to experiment with this idea it could possibly work.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Reflective wraps for finding an arrow at night, or marking a down animal.

A cross weave design with a white base color and the cross weave could be any number of colors. It could cross weave the entire length or only for a four inch section where the arrows would be glued to the wraps and above and below the fletching it could be either white or continue the weave color.

State flags, rebel flag.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

PA Hardwoods, when I read your post the first thing I thought of was NFL wraps. Man if I could find some Vikings wraps I would buy a bunch in a heartbeat!
Old 03-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

PA I just sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: Tell Me Your ArrowWrap Ideas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.