Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about gripping a bow?

Old 03-04-2004, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Question about gripping a bow?

I hate wrist slings; but, I have to sell them to customers who want them. That being said, I agree with the posts of ArthurP and muzzyman88.

Even my Master Coach, Alexander Kirillov, couldn't believe that I could shoot the way I do without a sling. Slow motion video proved that a sling was not needed. He was surprised.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

I don't use a sling. I trained to shoot with a slitghly open hand, relaxed fingers. The bowgrip is finding its own way in my hand and all i do it make sure it does the same thing everytime. My bows dont jump out of my hand, not even shooting from a treestand down.
However, if your bow wants to jump out i strongly suggest you do something to avoid it from falling.
Try to find a way to make the movement the same everytime and adjust your gear to it.
Good luck.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Fork Horn

I lightly touch my index finger to my thumb and let the bow shoot the arrow. I don't like a sling.