Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NAP new Vanes

Old 03-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default NAP new Vanes

At the Deer & Turkey classic, NAP had a booth, I checked out those new vanes.

They are pretty sweet little things. The ridge that makes them spin is so small that it is kind of hard to believe that they will spin the arrow that much. The guy only had 2 arrows out with the new vanes and he didn't have any I could buy!! I was bummed, he said they are still planning for a April 1 release date. I was kind of hoping that being at a show they may have had a few small packs to sell to get them out there. But what was I thinking.

The guy from Turbo nock was there too. He was talking up his nocks. Telling everybody that he is the black sheep of the arrow industry...blah blah blah. I know that some people have used these things with some success and I don't doubt there performance. But I am kind of a pretty boy when it comes to my equipment and I think that they are just plain ugly. He had a video of somebody shooting a bear. He tried telling everybody that a bear will jump away from the shooter when hit and that with his product the bear didn't know where the arrow came from. The bear jumped at an angle away from the shooter instead of straight away. Just found it kind of humurous.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: NAP new Vanes

I saw the vanes, just didn't have much time at that very time and forgot to go back to their booth. Passed by Turbo Nock, no judgement from me until I actually tried them....but I admit they do look ugly.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

But I am kind of a pretty boy when it comes to my equipment
Now that explains alot.....

Seriously though, so nobody is going to have these vanes until April 1st? I wonder what is with the delay?
Old 03-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

But I am kind of a pretty boy when it comes to my equipment

Now that explains alot.....
I am not very pretty, so I have to make up for it!!

Seriously though, so nobody is going to have these vanes until April 1st? I wonder what is with the delay?
That is what he told me. I wanted to take some home but he said he didn't have any. I didn't believe him, but I let it die. I wanted just 6 of them, to make 2 arrows and try them out. So hopefully come 4/1 somebody can get me some. You still work in a shop don't you frank, maybe you can send me some!