Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Warning ! Easton Evolution - Dangerous

Old 03-02-2004, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Warning ! Easton Evolution - Dangerous

Last weekend we tested the Carbon Evolution from Easton.
The setup was like this:
60 # - 26" with a 80 grain point.
We used a size 500 which is completly according Eastons arrowlist.
The shaft exploded at two places (!) the second shot from the bow leaving my friend with a blue arm.
At the first shot the arrow did NOT hit anything exept a foam target.
Another arrow snapped into two pieces on impact at the 3th shot, breaking completly strait with not even strands or pieces of carbon on the place where it cracked.
Than we tried to bend it over the knee (which is more than easton tell us at their warning list, thats true).
Other carbon can allways easyly stand this kind of bending so you know its overstressed, but not as much so it MUST break normally. This time it snapped much to soon.
I even believe it snapped while it was bended like a arrow would bend on release normally.
I tried to send a picture shown the shaft with this post
To bad we did not have a camera with us on the test, sorry for that.

We strongly believe this is dangerous stuff to shoot with and like to send out a warning.
Les me know if there is anyone who found out the same or maybe different.

I place this tread in the technical board as well.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:24 AM

Default RE: Warning ! Easton Evolution - Dangerous

Send them back to easton. Maybe you will get better arrows.

Thanks for the info though.

I prefer beman
Old 03-02-2004, 07:27 AM

For the record, Easton owns Beman.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

For the record, Easton owns Beman.
You learn something new everyday
Old 03-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will agree that the EVOLUTIONS don't seem very flexible--i've used them for two years and like the way they shoot but they don't stand up to very much abuse--so i don,t abuse themI've never had any trouble with them other than breaking after hitting something that wasn't meant to be shot by an arrow--trees or rocks for example ruin one of these arrows,huh?They don't withstand any side force to the shaft in flight like glancing off a heavy branch--i guess i'd rather have 'em break than bend.jmo.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

I've used the Evolutions for 3 seasons now with no problems. 64-65 lbs. with 400's. I would not hesitate to buy more.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:32 AM

As with any product problems can happen & a bad batch can get out. I do not shoot Eastons carbon shafts now but I have in the past & they have proven very durable.

I would contact Easton and talk to their people. From a quality control and liability perspective they would be highly interested in your experience.

Easton produces high quality arrow shafts and this is not the norm for any of their shafts. Of all the companies making carbons Easton is the one I have heard of almost no problems from.

Good luck, contact Easton & talk with them! An expereince such as yours can provide a wealth of information to them and help them correct whatever problem you had.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:58 AM

correct me if i'm wrong but i do believe that easton has discontinued making the evolution. i just checked the 2004 shaft selector and they don't make them anymore they make a realtree and mo obession.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Thats right, those arrows are not in their list anymore. But they are still for sale.
I like Easton arrows alot but this model seems not safe to shoot.
At least not for what I have seen.
Its just a warning and its good to read that some people found out different.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard nothing but good about Easton and if I were you I'd definetly contact them about this problem .If these arrow's were assembled wrong or if they have been abused in any way this could be the problem but if they were new then I'd be asking question's I'd also keep the broken arrow's and send them to them.

nubo

Quick Reply: Warning ! Easton Evolution - Dangerous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.