Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Specialty Archery Supersite

Old 03-01-2004, 03:58 PM

Default Specialty Archery Supersite

Has anyone ever owned a Specialty Archery Supersite, I am wondering if they are totally silent while shooting or if there is any vibration noises. Also if anyone has the "SS" and would like to sell it. let me know I may be interested
Thank you
BD
Old 03-02-2004, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Specialty Archery Supersite

ttt
BD
Old 03-03-2004, 01:52 AM

I have two, one is for sale. They are a good design, but I can't really recomend them. The older funkier one is a pretty good site, and fairly practical. Other than no longer being made, tehy were a tad cobbled togethr out of disimilar materials and such. didn't afect function, and I still use this site. It came out whne the Fat bow, naildriver site was all the rage. In comparison the SS had some advantages, but the Tox was much better made.

Since then many good sites have come along. I have their recent model, and it is a much more complex instrument basicaly some of the same manufacturing issues. The one I have is loose in one fitting, but they said they would fix it if I returned it, which is nice since I said I had bought it on ebay. They make a bunch of really nice stuff.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:57 AM

To make maters more amusing, they don't apear to sell sights any longer, though the opening page of their website shows a pin site. Anyone see a catalogue recently, are they still selling sights?
Old 03-03-2004, 03:01 PM

Ossage Thanks for the replies. I have one other question, does the sight make any buzz or noise due to vibration during the shot or is it totally silent.
Thanks
BD
Old 03-05-2004, 11:46 PM

I think it is totaly silent. The ealier model which isn't all that sophisticated is a real solid unit, and looks cool like all their sights. I have used it at times for hunting, when i was playing around with the idea of a single aiming point. I keep it around for that purpose, or when I want to shoot Unlimited but look joe casual. I have an old fashioned single pin "scope" I use with it.

There is a reasonable amount of plastic in it, so It's fairly light. The more recent model they made is massive. As mentioned, one of the linkages need service, but I still don't think it buzzes. There is a lot of rubber in the scope connection, and it's all carefully designed to limit vibe. I certainly don't recall any buzz. Have you heard that about that unit?

I shoot them 5 grains on bows like the Mathews Conquest 2, and I started shooting them on a Mathews Signature. I guess noise could depend on what kind of a rat trap a person was shooting them on.