Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Target/3-D sight.......

Old 03-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default Target/3-D sight.......

Well, I've been pushed over the edge into the "official" 3-D world with my decision to go to a one pin adjustable sight. I was going to stick with my Copper John hunting sight, but the closer I get to the set-up I want, the more I want to change it! I think it'll help my accuracy a little more too, but we shall see.

Anyway, is there a good target sight out there that won't cost me an arm and a leg given my basic requirements? I've done some initial research, but with all the smaller compnaies out there today, I don't want to miss viewing all the possibilities. Here's what I'm hoping for:

1. .019" or smaller dot
2. Must come with or have the ability to upgrade to different sized (magnification) scopes
3. Would like it to have enough range to be sighted in from 0-100 yards on a 300fps bow (turkey shoot)
4. Can't break my bank!

If you guys know of anything that meets these specs, or maybe you have a used one that you'd like to cash in, let me know!

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 03-01-2004, 05:44 AM

Default RE: Target/3-D sight.......

Its not cheap[:'(]

For 3-d your looking at around 200 bucks for a Sure-loc or Copper John Ants sight - without scope.

The scopes run around 100 to 150 each.

Your best bet is e-bay or archerytalk to find a used set up.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rack it right on. Its expensive. I too am in the middle of deciding on a target sight. Check ebay out, I just seen some decent sights on there that already have scopes setup on them for a reasonable price.

Archery Experts has some good prices on sights if you decide to go new.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:59 AM

Sure Loc, Copper John, and Toxonics all make sights that will meet your need. Depending on the model the price can really vary.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:25 AM

Check out archerytalk.com They have a great classifieds section. Lots of sights just like you are looking at.

JMAC
Old 03-01-2004, 10:51 AM

yeah...it aint cheap that's for sure. There are deals to be had though. I picked up an extreme sniper with the .019 pins and 12"bar, light and has the option for a lens to fit on it and got it for $40 on ebay. Not exactly a scope setup, but will do all I need it to for indoor and out.

As said, check AT classifieds. There's some great stuff at great prices there.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are right but remeber one very important fact.When you put a movable sight on,you go to open class and that means the cometitiomn gets much tougher and the yardage gets longer.

Another real important factor is yardage judging.You must be spot on with yardage because there is absolutley no gapping that can be done and this makes yardage much more critical.You need to be able to judge within 1 yard in most cases to be real competitive.

In most cases when a person adds a movable sight,there scores will drop at first but after some time with getting there yardage judging skills up,they will improve.

Just thought I would let you know.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Tox Nail driver and Copper Johns dead Nuts ProIII
I like this one better than anything I have used so far.

the sight retails for around 169.95

Old 03-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can use the sight Bigpapascout has shown in the hunter and release class as long as it is never moved on the course.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:29 PM
pup

one word for you. ebay i got my sur loc for $100 and my scope for $50 and they have worked great for me.

Quick Reply: Target/3-D sight.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.