Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What rest?

Old 02-29-2004, 09:24 PM

Default What rest?

I'm trying to decide what rest to get my new bow. I will be using the bow for hunting, but also 3d for practice and fun. I am seriously considering the Whisker Biscuit for it's excellent hunting reliability. However, I am concerned about it's accuracy for target shooting and arrow wear. I'm also considering a NAP quiktune 1000, but I worry about arrows falling off of the rest during dear season when hands are cold. Since I use the 3d season as practice for hunting, I want to use the same set up for both.

Are there any hunters in here that also shoot 3d with the same set up? What rest do you recomment and why? Thanks.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What rest?

I use my bow for both. I use the trophy taker fall away, no problems with fletching wear or clearance. Great for 3-D and also for hunting. You can even shoot a helical with it. If you are worried about the arrow falling off, You can go with the shakey hunter. It is very simple and has hardly any moving parts. Trophy Taker has my vote all the way.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:00 AM

Trophy Takers work great for both styles of shooting, you will find that a lot of pro shooters use the Trophy Taker on the 3-D course as well as in the woods.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:32 AM

The whisker biscuit is every bit as accurate as the dropaway rests. The biscuit is remarkably easy to set up and is the best choice for a hunting rest. Its not just the bow or the rest that makes the shot, its the shooter. Good luck hunting!
Old 03-01-2004, 02:04 PM

I am going with a trophy taker on my bow
Old 03-01-2004, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the responses. It appears that the Trophy Taker is rather popular. I was always concerned about noise from the moving parts on drop aways. Is the shakey hunter noisy at all? How does it work in freezing temps?

Has anyone tried the NAP 2000 fall away yet?
Old 03-01-2004, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Mississippi_Leghound

Thanks for the responses. It appears that the Trophy Taker is rather popular. I was always concerned about noise from the moving parts on drop aways. Is the shakey hunter noisy at all? How does it work in freezing temps?

Has anyone tried the NAP 2000 fall away yet?
If you put some adheasive fleece on the riser and on the "Y" that holds the arrow, it takes care of what little noise there was.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't rule out the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. It's an excellent shooting rest that's super easy to set-up and tune. The TR "Rack" arrow holder also holds/contains your arrow very well so it won't be bouncing around on the shelf. An excellent hunting rest indeed. I've been using DZ's on different rigs for over a year now and they have been awesoem shooters, check 'em out.

Old 03-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've used the Trophy Taker for 3 years now with no problems at all,right now I have a Nap Quicktune 3000 micro adjust on bow but I'm considering a whisker Bisquit for hunting .Last night Ausie Guy put a Muzzy Zero Effect in my head so I might just try that this fall I bid on one last night on e-bay you just never know what I'm going to do I love trying new gear all the time .
http://www.broadheadtests.com/ try checking 5hot's web site for his analysis on arrow rest's .

nubo
Old 03-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the TT. I was leary about it for a while when I first bolted it on, but I"m sold on it. Great shooting rest in the woods and at the line.

Quick Reply: What rest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.