Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shot a Pro40 Wheely Today!!!!!

Old 02-29-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Shot a Pro40 Wheely Today!!!!!

Yep, I went to the bow club this morning to meet up with my friend who tuned my MightyMite. Well, I was a little disappointed as the serving directly below the nock had split a little more, and is now to the point where it needs to be taken care of!

Well, after that, John decided to tune up his Pro40 wheely! He got is perfect and he let me shoot it!

A few things I noticed...

Definetly a stable bow! It balances very well.

It seems lighter than the 4# 1oz rating!

The bow is set at 30" draw, 60#s and had the factory hush kit and a 7" Doinker D2 on it! The bow seemed to have a little kick to it. Not much at all, but more than my Liberty does! After the shot, the bow seems to want to kick a little bit to the left! Like I said, not much at all!

The bow is pretty quiet, nowhere near the Liberty, but still plenty quiet!

Now for the draw cycle! I WASN'T IMPRESSED! Honestly! It draws nice and smooth in the beginning, but the last 1/4 of the of the draw cycle seems to be bumpy to me. It didn't seem like a smooth transition into the let-off!

Now, as far as accuracy goes, DANG! 35 yards and I grouped 4 arrows so I could wrap my fingers around them! I am not a bad shot, but I am not like some of these guys who are touching 6 arrows together at 40 yards! That did impress me!

The reason for the shock and noise differance could be the stabilizer. I am use to my Stealth Stabilizer and I am sure that if I would have put it on, it would have taken more of that noise and vibration out!

The draw cycle just didn't seem right. The valley isn't bad, but the transition into it was a little bumpy. Maybe I am just to use to my Liberty!
Old 02-29-2004, 07:15 PM

Default RE: Shot a Pro40 Wheely Today!!!!!

Welcome to my world, BM. I've thought the same thing about the draw cycle with 30" mods. I've had a pro40 dually, and now a wheely, and both felt the same way to me. Put 29" mods on it, and it seems like the draw curve is much smoother. I wish Bowtech would smooth that out for the 30" draw. I will say that on my Liberty, it is not an issue.

Rod
Old 02-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot a Pro40 Wheely Today!!!!!

Yeah, the draw feels a little bit like some of the old energy wheel bows of the past, but I think Jason is a bit young to remember. I currently have the 28" modules on mine, waiting for the 29s to come in. I have twisted up the cables to get a little more draw length, and currently 64#. It may not be butter smooth from beginning to end (like my Darton Viper), but it is very easy and controllable to draw. It is much easier to draw at a similar weight than my Pro 38 Dual cam was.

I'm sure the Liberty has less recoil, since it is a single cam and has more VFT to it than the Pro 40. With the 6" Stealth and the short Enhancer 2000 on mine, it is still among the top 3 or 4 nicest bows I have shot in terms of shot reaction. As you mentioned, it can lay the arrows in there when I am shooting reasonably well.

I guess I'd better not shoot a Liberty, from the sounds of things. It would cost too much, and/or make me less satisfied with my Wheely.[]