Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

patriot module setting??

Old 02-29-2004, 02:00 PM

Default patriot module setting??

I just installed a #3.5 pat module , I have heard from one person that if I set it at 8 , i'll be getting 80% 27.5 draw length , and another told me if I set it at 8 i'll get 65% let-off 27.5 draw length.

After installing it , it feels alot more like 65% let-off , which is good , because thats what I wanted. So just double checking on my let-off with this setting??

thanks nick
Old 02-29-2004, 06:35 PM

Default RE: patriot module setting??

can anyone help me??

nick
Old 02-29-2004, 06:57 PM

Hey quebec,
The board has been pretty slow today, but I will try to help...

According to the BowTech manual for the 03 Patriot SC....

27" draw and 65% let-off... peg at 8.5
28" draw and 65% let-off... peg at 7.2

So, go by the middle for the 27.5" draw, and the peg should be at 7.8 or 7.9, so you are pretty dang close with the peg set at 8!
Old 02-29-2004, 08:20 PM

thanks jason , but I was looking at my manual and I think that I can only get 80% let-off from this module. I believe I need a module 2.5 to get 27.5 draw length 65% let-off.

nick
Old 03-01-2004, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer 65% let-off to 80%? I know P&Y just changed their rules to allow 80%, and from what I've been hearing speed doesn't suffer on these new bows from greater let-off. I'm curious if you or anyone else has tested the speed difference since I also have a Patriot.

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 03-01-2004, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer 65% let-off to 80%
I cannot speak for the gentleman in question but I can say that some shooters prefer the crisper release generated by a lower letoff setting. It can provide increased accuracy in some situations.

Though I have not checked it on either of the Bowtech single cams, in the past and on other manufacturer's bows that had a draw stop peg letoff adjustment the speed remained relatively the same because as you lower the percentage of letoff you are also shortening the valley and subsequently the draw length of the bow. The two sort of cancel each other out...or at least they did with models I tested in the past.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quebecbowhunter

I just installed a #3.5 pat module , I have heard from one person that if I set it at 8 , i'll be getting 80% 27.5 draw length , and another told me if I set it at 8 i'll get 65% let-off 27.5 draw length.

After installing it , it feels alot more like 65% let-off , which is good , because thats what I wanted. So just double checking on my let-off with this setting??

thanks nick

Nick,

With the PAT#3.5 module in and the draw stop set at the 8.0 mark, it should be 27.5" draw at approx. 80% let off. This is provided the cam is in it's correct timing orientation since any variance from it's optimum setting will affect where the draw stop should be set.

I'm curious if you or anyone else has tested the speed difference since I also have a Patriot.

Depending on overall set ups, I've found that most of our bows have an average 1-3 fps. gain going from 80% down to 65%.

Regards, Pat
Old 03-01-2004, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I have a question.
On the Infinity cam, using module #2(29")...the owners manual says that for 65% @ 29" you set it at 7.0. For 80% @ 29" you set it at 6.2.
My question is....are there different modules for the different letoffs? I didn't think there was. The draw length definitely increases when you adjust it from 7.0 back to 6.2 ?? When it's set on 6.2...it feels more like 30". I'm confused.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Ok, I have a question.
On the Infinity cam, using module #2(29")...the owners manual says that for 65% @ 29" you set it at 7.0. For 80% @ 29" you set it at 6.2.
My question is....are there different modules for the different letoffs? I didn't think there was. The draw length definitely increases when you adjust it from 7.0 back to 6.2 ?? When it's set on 6.2...it feels more like 30". I'm confused.

WV Hunter,

Can you be more specific? Which bow are you asking about and which Infinity cam design? You can tell by how the module is marked with either a DS, I, N or F.

Can you also specify what draw length and let off you're wanting?

Regards, Pat
Old 03-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pat,
It's an '02 patriot w/infinity cam. I believe the module says DS-2, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm remembering right...(I'm at work, can't look at it now).

I actually have it at what I think is 29" @ 65% letoff, at the 7.0 setting. That's what it feels like to me, and what the book says it should be. I like it there, and that's probably where I will keep it. I was mainly asking in case I did want more letoff at 29" draw.

I just don't understand the owners manual saying that to get 29" @ 80%, set it to the 6.2 setting. If I move it to the 6.2 setting, the let-off definitely heads towards 80%....but it makes it feel like I gained an inch in drawlength. How can it have two letoffs,@ the same draw length, with the same module? Or can it? I think I'm missing something.

thanks

Quick Reply: patriot module setting??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.