Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Check out these arrow flight clips

Old 02-29-2004, 08:37 AM

Default Check out these arrow flight clips

pretty cool stuff

Arthur you may enjoy these

arrow flight
Old 02-29-2004, 08:49 AM

Default RE: Check out these arrow flight clips

impressive, would be neet to have the video
Old 02-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen those, Rack. Kinda scary, ain't they... Makes you wonder how in the world anyone ever hits anything with an arrow. But you can certainly see why I don't believe in paper tuning for a fingers shooter.

I'd like to see a sequence like that with someone using a release.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

I had this tape some years ago. Somewhere i lost it. This is Jay Barrs, 1988 olympic gold medalist. At the video itself (not the web-videoshots) you can see a couple things that go's for release - compounds - recurves as well.
I thought the tape was made by easton to promote their ACE arrow.
You can study the arrows on impact which tells you something about energy thats left in a arrow after it hits a target.
Than there is spine. You can see very clear how important spine is and more than this, the same spine in every arrow you shoot.
Than the ever big question about sounds/vibrations in your bow. Dont be scared when you see what happends in your bow and string.
Clearance is shown very good. It learned me about the moment when a arrow starts to rotate in flight and therefor i never discussed left or right rotation anymore. Helical fletched arrows make sense!
For tiller adjustments on eiter recurves or compound you can also learn alot from this vid.

Try to rent this tape at your local proshop.
Its worth looking at it.....
Old 02-29-2004, 01:06 PM

Easton did make a video several years ago (I have it). It featured Terry and Michelle Ragsdale and showed several angles of both finger and release shot arrows in mega-slow motion. What surprised me more than the wet noodle action of the arrows was the flexing of the risers and other bow parts themselves. I wish they had dry-fired one of the bows in that video to see that too. It is an awesome video and definately shows the need for proper tuning to your style of shooting.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I find amazing in those clips in the side to side play of the string once its released. [:-] How in the world can that be duplicated shot after shot?
Old 02-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is crazy! With the arrow doing all that moving how in the world can you get a perfect bullet hole paper tare when tuning? I now see why spine is so important. Its hard to imagine it until you see these videos.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's crazy, I know a guy that did a project with the same type of camera, only he video taped a golf ball getting hit. The ball actually flattened out to almost a 1/2" when it was hit.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen the Easton video and it is amazing what everything goes through and if a video like this doesn't make you understand the importance of spine,well,I quess you just won't get it.

What really amazes me is the how much vanes flap like bird wings when shot.Makes you wonder how these newer vanes like the Duravanes and AAE vanes do anything.This video made me a firm believer in Flex Fletch vanes because they are stiffer than the others.Also it shows one reason why feathers are more forgiving.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those were some pretty impressive video shots. From the side angle it does not look like much is occurring but once you view it from the front and when the arrow hits the target.......

Quick Reply: Check out these arrow flight clips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.