Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Check out these arrow flight clips

Old 03-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Check out these arrow flight clips

Unbelievable!!!! I would never have imagined that an arrow flopped back & forth like that when shot!!
Old 03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is crazy! With the arrow doing all that moving how in the world can you get a perfect bullet hole paper tare when tuning
You cant with that kind of flight . I belive they were useing arrows WAY underspined to exaderate the reaction of the arrow . Ive seen other cilips that show close to perfect flight , I have them on my computer but they are not on a site otherwise Id link .
Old 03-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, those arrows were not way underpined. That's simply the way arrows react for a fingers shooter.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes you are right Auther , the clips Im talking about are release shooters .
Old 03-03-2004, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

No, those arrows were not way underpined. That's simply the way arrows react for a fingers shooter.
I would be curious to see if there was as violent of a reaction with a release but in the vertical plane. It would be interesting to see how different arrow spines and the rest spring tension would affect this. Too bad it is so time consuming and requires special equipment to actually conduct.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Me too. I'd like to see those same sequences shot with a release. The only other slo-mo I've seen has been more focused on arrow flight between the bow and target rather than during launch.

I'd definitely like to see comparison footage showing the different arrow reactions to hooking direct to the string vs using a string loop, vs a metal D-loop. I think that would put a few differences of opinion to rest.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Arthur,

I have been sort of tinkering with the idea of attempting some slow motion footage. I have a high end digital camcorder that might work though I only purchased it recently and am, admittedly, not fully aware of its capabilities yet. If I do get the time then I might attempt it.

Ofcourse, then I might open myself up to having everyone critique my form and I just do not stand up well to constructive criticism....