Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Freedom Cam Question

Old 02-29-2004, 07:08 AM

Default Freedom Cam Question

I have the 28" module on my Liberty. Two Questions:

1. How much adjustability is there for each module?
2. How do you figure where to set the draw stop for length and let-off?

I did not get an owners manual and have been playing with the draw stop, but don't know how to set it at 28.75 @ 80%.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Freedom Cam Question

As you move the stop toward the "S", let off will decrease, and the valley will get narrower. Going toward the "L" will do the opposite. I'm not sure of the exact settings but, a small movement makes a difference. You shouldn't have to increase draw length much at all to get 80% let off (if that's what you want). One thing re: setting too far toward the "L", this will over rotate the cam when drawn. I set mine with a narrow valley and 65% let off. You may have to change the module to get it just how you want it.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dont they make 1/2" modules?

If they do then you might need to get the 28.5 Module
Old 02-29-2004, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the replys. That is a good questions Ausie. Does anyone know if they make modules with 1/2" increments?

Pdq 5oh, at your setting, is the draw stop closer to the L or S? or in the Middle? Just trying to get a starting point. Thanks.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

According to one of the local dealers here, they don't make 1/2" modules. On my MM(02) it came with a sheet in the box that showed where to set the stop for 65%, its in the middle between the S and L.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Swamp,
Since each model is shipped at 80% for the specific draw length ordered, you cannot get 28.75 and 80% let-off with your bow. You are already at 80% baseline.....a move to the long side will give you some more draw length but as pdq 5oh stated you will be over rotating the cam way too much and let-off/ valley will become sloppy.
You can't have both........
What you have available to you on your specific module is a downward bit of movement in draw length and let-off. As you go to the short side "S" , you will be decreasing draw length and valley by whatever physical distance you move the peg because in effect you are underrotating the cam a bit. Move it 1/8" and you will decrease draw length by 1/8".

The let-off settings are pretty precise......only a 1/2 line, or full line makes a big difference. I don't have a post setting chart for your bow to give you the setting for 65% and your module. The comfort level for each bow is pretty much limited to the area BETWEEN the 80% and 65% setting.....at least for me. Anything else is too extreme in either direction and not recommended.
Yes they are supposed to have 1/2" mods for 2004 but I have yet to see a set.
Your best bet is the 1/2" module to give you a 28.5 at 80% setting, They will be able to give you the exact post setting you when you have the module.......question is if the mods have been cut yet?
The .5 module for 28" will be as close as you can get via module and post setting to what you desire.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Swamp Dog,

The 1/2" F and N mods are available now but the DC mods aren't cut yet.

You should get a F#2.5 and set the draw stop on approx. the 7.4 mark counting up from the bottom (L) end of the cam to the middle of the draw stop screw head.

Keep in mind, any variance in cam timing orientation from it's optimum setting, can affect where the post should bet set to get a certain let off.

Regards, Pat
Old 03-01-2004, 07:53 AM

The best way to set a specific draw length is via bow draw machine/crank board. Setting a specific draw length using post stop bows will give you a specific let-off. You will NOT be able to obtain a desired let-off due to the fact that the draw lengths will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and sometimes within a manufacturer.

Most can accept +/- 1/4" and therefore get somewhat of a range of let-offs. In most cases I'd suggest that you pick either one. In most cases, where post stop bows are concerned, you can't have it both ways.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Swamp Dawg, mine is a 70# Liberty withe a #2 module. My stop is at the #6 mark, counting from the "L". That puts it in the middle. On my P40 F cam with #4 module, it's set just past the #8 mark from the "L". This is closer to the "S". Both bows have a narrow valley, which I prefer.

Quick Reply: Freedom Cam Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.