Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Saw my first Bowtech in person today.....

Old 02-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Saw my first Bowtech in person today.....

Greg, I did not draw them, in fact I had to keep myself from at least drawing them! Nice looking bows indeed though.

Sort of glad I didn't now, got a few other items I want to get before this hunting season.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg,

It was great to meet you and your gang on Sat.

Y'all should have seen him, he was like a little kid that was offered a piece of candy by a stranger. He wanted to take the bow and go shoot it, but then he fought off the urge, then he'd want to take it... Of course he had a little coaxing from board member Sunset and also from his father in law.

BTW, even though I cracked the joke a while back that I wouldn't shake Sunsets hand (due to her job duties) when I met her, I did anyway...

Hope to see y'all again soon...

Regards, Pat
Old 03-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

You're not saying she does that by hand, are ya?!? []
Old 03-01-2004, 10:21 AM

I got my first bowtech last week a 2003 patriot dually that had never been fired and let me just say wow!!!! Death to all my targets this thing is unbelievable I am shooting ics 400 26 3/4" long and the bow is maxed at 75 and wow pass through my 3d deer at twenty and through the block at 17 yards this is with a 28 inch draw. I did notice a little more sound and a little less forgiveness due to the shorter ata lenght, but the more I shoot the closer the arrows get.

I was a little worried about the draw cycle of this bow from some of the threads i have read, but even at 75 pounds it pulls pretty smooth and this was at about 25 degrees and snowing so I think it will only get easier. thanks to Pdq 5oh for his advice on mounting the trophy taker it works flawless. Incase you haven't noticed I love my new bow.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:38 AM

Congrats on the new Dually, Albertakid!! My neighbor just got an '03 BlackKnight tall brace, 70 pound and 30 inch draw. He's grinnin' big time with the speed He said that he shot a 484 grain arrow through the chrono at 288, which is about 50 fps faster than his Golden Eagle!!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

albertakid, I'm glad to have helped. Even more glad to hear things are working out well. Please remember not to hesitate with any other questions. That bow will only grow on you as you shoot it more.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:19 PM

BTW, even though I cracked the joke a while back that I wouldn't shake Sunsets hand (due to her job duties) when I met her, I did anyway...
LOL Pat....I'm safe....luckily I don't collect it by hand We chase the deer around with buckets
jk.....of course if you ever want to stop by...i will give you the big nickel tour!!!

It was great to meet you. Coug, his family and I had a wonderful time at the show... wish we could've talked coug into trying out that bow....he was like a kid in a candy store
next time!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 01:43 PM

Best bows made if you ask me.