Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Not happy with Cobra or Archery Experts!

Old 02-28-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Not happy with Cobra or Archery Experts!

After much research and questioning I decided to order a Cobra Easy Slide from Archery Experts. I ordered online over the weekend to start the process and followed up with a call to confirm the model I selected was the right one. Q: Can I shoot this left handed?
A: Yes, just flip it over and change the pin?
Q: Can the pin be moved to a horizontal direction instead of vertical?
A: Yes, it can be set up, down, or sideways.
Q: What kind of pin is used and can it be replaced with a regular TKO or Tru-Glo .019 pin?
A: Yes, you can replace it with any pin. Just remove the set screw and put any pin back in.
Q: So I can take my Tru-Glo .019 Green pin out of my old sight and use it in this sight?
A: Yes
Good, send it!
I received the sight on time and immediately noticed that the pin could not be moved to a horizontal postion. Next, I found out the I had to pop the lense out to flip the pin over for a lefthanded model instead of just moving it. I'm still OK at this point and willing to give it a try. Next I remove the factory pin and see that there is no way I'm gonna fit my .019 pin in that little hole. So I try to shoot with the factory .040 pin and can't see my bullseye only 20 yards away. I'm so used to shooting the smaller pins that the bigger pin covers up the entire 2 or 3 inch spot. Soooooooo, that night I try to grind down an old pin to see if I can fit it in the smaller hole on the sight. No, luck. I'm sending it back. I call Archery Experts today and explain that I was given misinformation and would like to send it back in exchange for a Copper John Dead Nuts Pro with the .019 pins. Of course the 2004 models only have .029 pins. After a couple phone calls Todd informs me that he does have a lefthanded 03 model he can send me and I agree to pay the $5 difference, BUT HE WANTS TO CHARGE ME SHIPPING AGAIN!!! Now, I just paid $9 to have the Cobra sight shipped to me which was not what I wanted. I have to pay for it to be shipped BACK to them so I can pay more money to have the new sight shipped to me agian! So in all I'm gonna spent close to $30 bucks in shipping and a total of $95 for my new sight. If I didn't buy something else off of them, then they charge me a 15% restocking fee(that must be hard to do) for the sight I sent back. So I said, "Whatever, send me the sight, but this will be the last time I buy anything form you." Todd the sales rep did find me what I was looking for,so that was good but they're still crooks. I emailed Cobra with the very same questions earlier in the week and got no reply. Thats why I had to ask the seller the questions.
Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Not happy with Cobra or Archery Experts!

You know that's too darn bad ,I had considered maybe doing a couple purchases with them but now I'm not so sure that I'll do that at all. I'm looking to buy a Spott Hogg sight and thought that I might find it there but not if this is how they operate.

nubo
Old 02-28-2004, 11:03 PM

To bad about your exp. I have two of the easy slide,but I wanted the smaller pins and you have to special order it the pro shop should have known that IMO. It might be a bit longer wait but the rest is awesome. You can call Cobra and tell them the problem. I have the # to one of the customer service reps. Let me know if you want it and I'll find it. P.M me

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)[8D]
Old 02-28-2004, 11:04 PM

Stupid me I meant sight not rest[8D]
Old 02-29-2004, 12:24 AM

Deer902
I would send an email and also call and ask to talk to customer service manager. just rememeber the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Don't be afraid to tell them your on a hunting message board where there are 59795 Registered users . that should get their attention. If not then start typing. I'm not sure about all the benifits of a gold or platinum card but if you used one you might check. Good luck and let us know what happens.