Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Taker or TKO Arrow Rest

Old 03-08-2004, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Taker or TKO Arrow Rest

Trophy Taker Shakey
Old 03-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot quite a few different drop aways including the MZE, Quicktune 4000, DropZone, and the Trophy Taker.

I have to say right now, I really like the Trophy Taker. It seems to be the most accurate out of my bow. I still feel the setup can be quirky with this rest at times. It took me a while to get it right, but I have to say that it was well worth it. My only complaint is the noise. Its just a difficult rest to get any kind of damping becuase of its nature of hitting the shelf on release.

The Quicktunes are nice. Very strong and easy to setup. Again, like the TT, only complaint was the noise factor.

The MZE, what bad can I say about it? Just an excellent hunting rest with great containment. Its ugly, that my compaint.

The Dropzone still has me intrigued. Especially the hunter version which appears to have been put on a diet compared to the others. The original was a very good shooter and a peice of cake to setup. I didn't like the fact that it was pretty big and bulky.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:03 AM

If you do a search I just finished a formal review on the trophy taker and really like this rest. I have not had the chance to test the TKO rest, but should be recieving one soon and will have a complete review at a later date. Right now I will continue to use the trophy taker untill something can out perform it for hunting and the TKO looks like it may have a chance.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both rests are good designs but I like the TKO better.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:23 PM

I am shooting the Shakey Hunter on my 04 Mighty Mite and I dont seem to have the same contact problem as stated above. I do have mine attached to the cable and not the slide. I have seen problems when people use them on the slide. Its made to attach to the cable. My only complaint is the noise.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:48 PM

Hey 5 Shot,
I saw your nice TKO review on the new site called,

http://archerydealer.com

I really like this rest.

Hey Fison01 I saw on this site you WON a TKO!
Lucky guy.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:55 PM

Tosoro

Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated.......fishon
Old 03-11-2004, 05:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can't speak for the TT yet.
I am going to try to get them out to you later today Chris... I have the box, the label and the two rests. It is just a matter of getting them all together and down to the post office.

I have not yet tried the TKO but it is on my short list of drop aways that I would like to try. I did try the Shakey Hunter and found the design to be durable and relatively simple to use. However, I had some fletching contact issues that I was not able to immediately resolve. I will probably tinker with it more later this year.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:45 PM

Try both & then make up your own mind. I think the Trophy Taker is the better rest. I am extreamly happy with their quality, perfromance, and desire to make a limited number of products that really work. Dan Evans has his game together & tons of top pros have been shooting the Trophy Taker rests.

I did some hunting & a lot of shooting last year with the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter & never had any problems or complaints. I don't think you can go wrong with this product.