Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best target???

Old 02-27-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Best target???

I am going to buy a new target for the yard and was wondering what the best on is. I am looking at the Block or maybe the black hole. Any advise would be great....
Old 02-27-2004, 06:46 PM

Default RE: Best target???

I dont recomend the black hole. Mine fell apart very quickly. The block is a pretty good target. I shoot a regular bag target during the "off" season. Then i buy a styrofoam for broadheads. Bag targets last a LONG time. But, out of the two you mentioned, id go for the block before the black hole.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:20 PM

go to the block internet sight. They are having a free shipping sale now. The price is about 5-10 more than bass pro etc. but free shipping & I believe a free hat. By the way, I agree with about, the block is MUCK better than the black hole. They are actually both made by field logic.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:23 PM
nub

If you love to shoot broadheads, neither one will last very long. The block will take a lot of field tip hits, but BHs tear it up fast.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:42 PM

Like nub said the block is a great target for feild points but do yourself a favor an get a seperate cheap BH target and throw it away when your done, your block target will last much longer.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:29 PM

For fieldpoints, can't beat a bag target, but I like my block as well. BH will tear up a block pretty quick, so I would not recommend it for that.

JMAC
Old 02-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

The blocks do tear up super easy with broadheads. We have one of the range targets that was virtually cut in half this past season while tuning. If shooting field tips they will last much longer.

I also like the Morrel Outdoor range target for shooting fieldtips. a little more money, but nice. This target will last a long time. When it comes time to fly broadheads, I either cut an old mcKensie in half, or do as others and by the smaller foam targets. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 02-28-2004, 05:54 AM

I bought the Block Pro model and really like it. Also have a Deadstop 4000 bag target that I was shooting in my basement. Didn't take long and I was shooting through the bag target. Had to take it down every time and step on it. If you are going to go to a bag target, get the thickest one made. Wish I would have just bought the Block in the first place. I only shoot field tips and it is holding up great. I just won a Delta Back Yard Buck last night and can't wait to take a shot at that.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Block and Black hole for shooting Broad Heads.

But for Field Tips I use the Morell large range bag, it is just 2 fingers to pull the arrows if and when the time comes all I will have to do is buy another cover for it around 25 dollars.

They cost about $130 or so but well worth it in the long run.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:00 AM

I prefer the Block. It is a well built target and seems to last a very long time, as long as you are using field points. Like others said, a broadhead will tear em up pretty quick.