Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why do you come here?

Old 02-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do you come here?

This is like THERAPY for meI learn something from the regulars here all the time--some very knowledgeable people and some good debates--besides, the price is rightJust by learning from the good people here i have my finger on the pulse of bowhunting--anything new that comes out is discussed in great detail by guys and gals that know what they are talking about--I just really like this forum!
Old 02-27-2004, 07:06 AM

For me it's to learn more about Archery. I have learned so much more just sitting back and reading, plus occausionally posting.

The negativity I think comes about when you guys disagree with each other. Like which bow is the best, who has the best rest, arrows, and arrow placement for deer hunting. I feel that if it works for you and you like it, than that's all that should matter. People feel offended when someone doesn't like a particular brand or make that they like.

Learn from each other is the ticket, you all have something great to offer to this great sport.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 02-27-2004, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Because I've got friends here, even though we disagree quite a bit.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:10 AM

Reason 1 - Good Quote
Personally, I enjoy sharing information related to the technical aspects of archery and its equipment with my peers. I believe that the exchange of this information helps to enhance the experience that each one of us gains from participating in the various archery activities.
Reason 2 - To see what BM is doing to his bow............again

Reason 3 - See what new crap RB has found

Reason 4 - I get paid to do this...
Old 02-27-2004, 07:46 AM

For me -- easy question. Simply put to LEARN.

You can read a magazine but let's face it, most of the time they are reviewing a product being advertised. For instance, broadheads. If muzzy is adv in the mag can they really afford to put down the broadhead. No. If 5-Shot reviews it and says it is the broadhead that others are measured against, I see nothing he has to gain. Lose, yes, unless it is a broadhead that someone had sent him to test.

If you, JeffB and all the many others review a bow and say it is good or bad. Again, nothing to gain or lose that I can see. Well, you may lose buying and selling so many bows but nothing to gain from the reader.

Where else can you go and ask a "stupid" archery question and for the most part get a very resonable answer. Sure there are other forums and yes I think we all visit them. As stated before in another post, archer's with the same taste end up more at the same fourm.

I've seen very few posts that ask a "new" question that does not get a response. I do think sometimes that the moderators and other "experts" get tired of answering the same dumb question all the time. And I guess that some of what I deem as newbie's might try to use the search function a little more often. Over the past couple of years, I have found that if I am patient the questions I have will be asked and answered.

Flame wars. As what some of ya'll might deem as a reader but not a poster. I see very few and they flame and die down fairly well compared to some that I no longer view. Let's face it for the most part the chevy vs ford debate has been raging for year. I may be replaced with chevy vs toyota at the rate things are going but we like what we like. Especially, if it works for us.

But the beauty of this forum is I am aware before I buy that a 5.5 brace height at some ata going xxx fps is not good for a newbie. Not saying it is not a good bow, just not good for me. So I didn't waste my money buying because some guy had it on his shelf and convinced me it was the bow for me. Or that sight has already torn up on the last 10 posters and no one has a good word to say about it.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Ever since I started using this site 3 years ago, it has been nothing but a learning experience and the information and technical advice I get from hunting to every aspect of setting up my equipment is something I depend on. I have been hunting and shooting since I was 6 years old, and I can still learn something new everyday. The day you say that their is nothing more to learn no matter how experienced you are is the day you are really kidding yourself. Great Post.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:19 AM

I pretty much echo what CPAHUNTER has said these forums can be an awesome place to find information about products get advice and meet like minded people. I think that any public forum is going to attract people who are just interested in talking smack about each other or equipment, but I come here because of members like Pdg 5oh, Rangeball,Shed,Pinwheel 12, and 5 shot to name a few these members have helped me tremendously and I have learned more about archery from these type of members than most the guys at my pro-shop. So for me having to weed through and ignore a few negative post is worht the knowledge that I am getting from these forums and I think the technical forum on this sight is the most informative I have found yet. So keep up the good work and if ya ever get out to Montana look me up.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:25 AM

For the "Have you seen these yet" posts. Thanks Rangeball.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:32 AM

I've always enjoyed the technical aspects more then the story telling of some forums. Given the choice between analysing technical subjects within archery and looking at another poster's deer photo, I'd pick the technical subject most of the time.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

I come here for the Bowhunter Groupies! You know, the beautiful girls that wear next to nothing and hang all over ya? Been coming here for awhile and haven't seen any yet, but I keep my hopes up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.