Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS!

Old 02-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS!

Guys I'll tell ya, I was a mess when I first put the Trophy Taker on my Vipertec I had. But I realized just how dumb I can be and once I found out what I was doing wrong, it has worked great. I was skeptical about it for a while, but after putting it back on my new Xtec and trashing a couple arrows, I'm sold. Its the most accurate rest I've shot to date.

Buck, I honestly would not think twice about the NV system type silencers for that bow. The Liberty is a whisperer when shot to begin with. Save the money to replace all the arrow's you'll trash with that rig.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jason,

I like the looks of the new rig. I ended up doing much the same thing in terms of rest selection. There is always time to tinker with things later...or on a different bow should you ever invest in another.

Oh, and "Joe PA" is in reference to Joe Paterno. Joe PA here is Jeff C.....
Old 02-27-2004, 08:31 AM

Hey Frank,

Thats what I was thinking. There is always other times to "tinker", but turkey season is comming up and I want to have my bow entirely set-up and tuned so I can get some serious practice in before that comes in!

Nubo,

The QT 3000 is just an awsome arrow rest! It is a little heavy, but it is built tough and has to be the easiest arrow rest to tune that I have seen!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like the red-neck says on the advertisement for the dodge hemi "SWEEET!"
Old 02-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jason.

Now thats what I call a deer killin machine

Not to mention a sweet shooter as well ( the bow not you)
Old 02-27-2004, 11:16 AM

Ooo Aussie, just when I expect a compliment you go and kick me in my teeth

I am thinking about having my best friend bring me a dB meter from work so I can see how loud, more like how quiet, this thing is! That dang Alpine Soft Loc Quiver is awsome. It is a little heavier than my Kwikee Kombo Kwiver was, but the bracket is solid rubber and it acts as a huge dampener! My best friend was literally shocked when he heard, well, didn't hear my bow while shooting last night!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:38 PM

Looks like a real nice package BM - Good luck with it!!!

The 3000 should work great foer you - good choice

Hopefully in a few weeks I will not let down my Bowtech shooters when I post some pics of the new 04' Pro 40 Target rig I am building
Old 02-27-2004, 12:51 PM

Great looking bow Buck, as you have probably read I am still beating my head against a wall trying to decide between the Liberty and the Patriot. I am sad to see you took the Trophy Taker off. by the way I don't ever remember you saying you ever tried to serve the cord into the down buss cable. All I remember is you tying it into the cable slide. Why were you so hesitant to try this. To me is seems this might have been the fix you needed.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:19 PM

Hey Rack,

I will be anxiously awaiting those pics!

PA hardwoods,

I didn't serve into the buss cable because I just didn't want to go through the hassle. I wasn't 100% sure that it would fix the problem! The day I took the TT off, I switched the cord around a bit and I tinkered with it so much that I just got sick of it! Put on the QT 3000 Micro and I am happy again. I am not constantly wondering if my rest is dropping fast enough, and since I just love shooting bows for the fun of it, I just wanted a rest that would allow me to have the most enjoyment!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

you change your accessories as often as my niece changes her barbie outfits

Looks sweet BM!!

Quick Reply: New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.