Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got to meet BowTech_Shooter and shoot the '04 lineup!

Old 02-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Got to meet BowTech_Shooter and shoot the '04 lineup!

My wife and I put the petal to the metal Saturday to catch BowTech_Shooter at his hotel before he had to rush off to PBR duties that afternoon in St. Louis. Pat was an awesome guy, extremely friendly, and represents his company with class. We hung a bag target on a fence and he let me shoot anything I wanted from the new lineup.

I shot the Patriot Dually first, as I've never even shot a dual-cam bow before. My first bow was really more of a wheelie (Bear Whitetail Hunter) before buying my current Mathews. I honestly expected a harsher draw cycle, especially with the added fps it afforded the bow. It was a pleasant surprise; I figured the cost of those extra fps would be at the expense of my shoulder!

I grabbed the Patriot SC next, and fell in love. Talk about a sweetie! That draw stop, that grip, that perfect balance, that speed...

I shot the Liberty after that, and saw why all you guys have been raving about that cam. After the Patriots, that was one smooth cam. But after I got home, I went down to the basement and shot my MQ-1 several times, and -- man, they feel a lot alike. I know there's infinite more adjustment, the grip's better -- among other things (right, JeffB? ) -- but the feel of the cam was very similar.

All in all, I think if I had to pick one as a stablemate to my MQ-1, it'd have to be the Patriot SC. The Liberty's just too close in feel to me, but the Patriot gives all the advantages the Liberty would have over my current bow, as well as that extra speed. I'm not an extreme speed nut (if I was, I guess I'd only be looking at the Black Knight), but if I can have my cake and eat it too, well...

Thanks again Pat for meeting up and letting me shoot your bows!
Old 02-23-2004, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Got to meet BowTech_Shooter and shoot the '04 lineup!

That must have been awesome! I wonder how many representatives would have done that? Few I imagine. So in the future will we still call you Mq1shooter or Patriotshooter?

By the way Greg........a small package is on its way.......sorry I procrastinated so long. [X(]
Old 02-23-2004, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just out of curiousity, why did you not care for the Pat DC as much as the SC model? I think they are very similar in overall shot feel though the draw is a bit different.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Frank, I think it was the draw stop that made the difference. Small thing, I know, but that rock-hard wall was awesome!

You're right in the overall feel not being too different, though -- and that's what I was trying to say above. I really expected a lot harsher draw cycle from the dually, and it wasn't so. The single just felt a touch better through the draw, but when I rolled the cam over and it just sat there against that back wall, well...
Old 02-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went back and re-read your post after I hit the "send" button, Frank. I will totally agree with you on what you referred to as the "feel" of the shot. It was slightly before the shot where the SC won me over against its brother!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:38 PM

The grip is way better than the Mathews stock grip, but I shoot the Shrewd grip. Whatever happened to a Shrewd grip for Bowtech? I do respect the fact they put a real grip on the bow to start with. Ven with the lower grip change Mathews is still behind Hoyt and Bowtech grip wise, unless you install aftermarket.

I saw a patriot dualy at a local store, and was pretty impressed. I find the Bowtech hype laughable, but I wouldn't mind trying out a shooteable bow that does 330 anyway.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

C'mon over to the dark side; you won't regret it.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

"C'mon over to the dark side; you won't regret it."

Hey Mike, I don't want to knit pick here bro, but Mathews is the dark side, everthing else is the light.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:46 PM

MQ1shooter, a friend of mine who has been shooting an MQ1 for several years now just bought a Pat SC. He only had to shoot it and said the same thing as you said. It feels like his MQ1 with more speed. I'll have mine soon.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg,

Thanks for the kind words. [blush]

It was nice to have met you and the wife and I'm glad we got to hook up so you could take a few of the bows for a spin on our make shift range [].

I would have replied sooner but man, cell phone reception (i.e. internet connection W/laptop) isn't all that great in some of the parts of MO. and IL. I've been in lately.

Keep us posted if you do decide to get a new toy...

Regards, Pat

BTW, If any of ya are going to the IL. Deer & Turkey Classic this weekend... C-ya there maybe...

Quick Reply: Got to meet BowTech_Shooter and shoot the '04 lineup!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.