Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Serving being chewed by my patriot SC??

Old 02-22-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Serving being chewed by my patriot SC??

On my 03 Pat theres one area on my bottom serving that seems to be chewed up. When going to full draw this area of serving goes down around my cam , and there has to be something that is chewing it up. it's not very big probably 1/8 of a inch , but I'm worried it might continue to chew my string , since its already through my serving.

thanks nick
Old 02-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Serving being chewed by my patriot SC??

that is common for most solo cam bows.

keep the serving heavily waxed!
I have heard of people using fletching glue on the power harness serving to make the serving harder and to reduce wear.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:04 PM

You probably have your draw stop adjusted too far down. The infinity cam has two letter s and l on the them the closer the draw stop is to L the longer the draw length and higher the letoff. If it is too far toward the L it allows the cam to draw to far for some modules which causes the cable to wrap around the axel of the bow in turn chewing up the serving. refer to your owners manual to adjust your drawstop.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:28 PM

that may be the case , I have a #4 module in there , it's suppost to be set at 8.5 for a 27 inch draw ,80% let off. But I have it at 6 instead of 8.5. Which gives me around a 27.5 draw length.

I guess I might be too far to the L , but I doubt it??

nick
Old 02-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quebecbowhunter

that may be the case , I have a #4 module in there , it's suppost to be set at 8.5 for a 27 inch draw ,80% let off. But I have it at 6 instead of 8.5. Which gives me around a 27.5 draw length.

I guess I might be too far to the L , but I doubt it??

nick

If you have a PAT#4 module in it and you have the draw stop set on the 6th mark, you are indeed overrotating the cam which can/will cause the problems you're seeing.

If you need a 27.5" draw, you should get a PAT#3.5 module and set the draw stop on the 8th line for 80% let off.

Regards, Pat