Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spider Speed Silencers

Old 02-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Spider Speed Silencers

A friend of mine has been talking about these silencers and they claim they actually pick up some arrow speed after they installed them
They did have just cats whiskers before
I have seen the spiders and I cant see how these would improve the arrow speed.
they also claim faster speeds with them on than they did with nothing on the string
how can this be the spiders must have some drag to the string
Any one tried these and what are your thoughts
Old 02-12-2002, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spider Speed Silencers

You gotta have balls!!! It's not the Syders that give you any speed but the balls they are sandwiched between.The Spyders silence the set-up.I'd used the balls for a couple of seasons before the Spyders came out and they do work as advertised,increasing speed anywhere from 3-10 fps depending on bow and set-up.I've found that adding the Spyders generally breaks even and thats a good thing because you are NOT loosing any speed.A word of caution about using them on a naked string,they could wear the string.On the several Mathews models I've shot 'em on they have been placed on the serving ends near the cam and idler so that isn't a concern for me.Give 'em a try