Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NAP Plunger rest.

Old 02-20-2004, 07:16 PM

Default NAP Plunger rest.

I need some help in finding the arrow rest that fits the NAP Plunger Rest, (RIGHT HAND) the arrow rest that has the plunger rest built in. That style has been discontinued. I found this one at a local sport shop, but he does not have another rest that fits the plunger. He called NAP and they are looking to see if they still have any. This has been over a week and still nothing. I shoot fingers and is the best rest that I have found, but I need some extra rest that fit the square plunger. They are different than the CENTER REST. I would like to have at least a couple spare ones. Any help would be appreciated.
Twoshot Jim
Old 02-21-2004, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP Plunger rest.

Jim:

I don't know where they might be available. I am using (for a few years now) a Plungerest Low Profile that was designed for Carbon arrows. The original rest end wore out, and I have replaced it with the Centerest Flipper end. You are most correct that they are not the same, but the Centerest Flipper rest piece will work. It does change centershot, but that is adjusted rather easily. Since the Centerest Flipper rest replacements are still readily available, I just decided to make the switch, and have 3 or 4 of them ready to go when the one I am shooting needs to be replaced. I know that is not what you asked, but it may help you gear up just the same.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:06 AM

Joe PA
I used one of those rests and didn't like it, the fletching would hit the side and affected the arrow flight. The plastic part was too wide, I cut away some of the plastic and exposed the spring, and that didn't work to my satisfaction either. This plunger rest really works nice. Seems like when I find something that works it becomes a discontinued item. Like the flipper 1 rest, that to was a good rest and I can't find any of those either. With less and less finger shooters the arrow rests are going to be harder and harder to find. Thanks for your respond, I sure apperciate it.
Twoshot Jim
Old 02-21-2004, 05:33 PM

have you looked at the GKF huntmaster 2000...I think that's the name of it. I'm a release shooter and I've been looking at getting one.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:34 PM

GVDocHoliday:
Thanks for your reply, but I am a fingers shooter and we finger shooters need a plunger button as our arrows go out of the bow in a fish tail action and a release shooters arrows exit the bow in a porpoise action. I'll probably keep this rest on the bow until it breaks and them look for another one. Thanks again for all your help.
Twoshot Jim
Old 02-22-2004, 07:47 PM

This rest is a plunger style rest. Here's the link:

http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/fave.html

It's the first rest at the top.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:16 PM

GVDocHoliday:
Thanks alot for the info. I printed it out and will keep it on file. There is a couple that will probably work. Seems like I tryed the Hunter Supreme some time back. I shoot right wing fletching and the lower hen fletching will hit the rest arm and affect the arrow flight. I sure do appreciate the info. and help. There is sure lots of information on this forum. Thanks again.
Twoshot Jim
Old 02-26-2004, 04:19 PM

Twoshot jim,
I tried two yrs ago to find a plunerrest with no success. I even contacted NAP and the guy basically told me most people shoot a release aids and they did'nt sell enough of the plungerrest. Which surprises me that they still make that miserable centerrest with the so called plunger action. ita just a bolt with a rubber flipper head on it. No side tension adjustments at all. I went to a Cavalier Freeflyte with a masterlock plunger in my opinion this is the best finger rest set up going today. I tried several from GKF and even the bodoodle timberdoodle. And I like the cavalier best for tuning, clearance, durability and its very quiet. Good Luck in your quest.
Timbow2.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:50 AM

Timbow2:
Thanks for your reply. The local archery shop fellow that works there had purchased a surprise box at a archery show and in the box was a NAP plunger rest, what a surprise. When I pick that rest up I'll check and have him look up the Cavalier rest with the master lock plunger. That sounds like the best alternative I have heard of. I sure appreciate your response. I am also going to take the tip of the flipper center rest and cut the plastic plunger (tab) off and smooth the cut area and try it on the plunger flipper rest. It just might work. They still make that tip, but for how long I don't know. Getting anxious for the warm weather to get here so I can do some shooting. Thanks again for the come back. 57 degrees here in Holland Mich. today.
Twoshot Jim
Old 03-02-2004, 04:44 PM

You welcome,
You will like the combo I suggested. If your dealer has an extra plungerrest in that surprise box I would still like to try one. But I'll bet you'd jump on that one too being they are so rare. Two years ago I swore I'd buy as many as I could find. But i found none. Thats o.k. I'm happy with what I got.
It was warm here too sat and sun. in the high fortys to mid fifty. Today its kind cold again. I can't wait till it gets nice I just bought a new boat. So now I will have something to do while I wait for bow season.
Take care.
Tim.